661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you do a test cut on a saw that is sent to you and it runs 37 seconds and then you port it and it runs 30 seconds ie. 7 seconds faster. Then it's legit. But if in my test 50:1 beats 32:1 by 7 seconds...there is too many variables??

It's ok.

I just ain't buying it.

Im sure a ported saw will overcome the resistance of the extra oil
I agree that it will over come any minor resistants plus heat will thin out oil And the difference from 1 oz of oil to 2 oz of per gallon i dont think will slow down a saw that is already hot n workin hard. Id rather have more protection against friction and wear of how clean my saw is. If you all are looking out for emissions. Then please post pics of you toyota prius with the trailer behind it. I dont care about keeping a screen clean and getting 5 years out of a spark plug just to se my piston burnt up And bearings that sound like metal on metal vs a lubed bearing. For all of you that want less oil just go all out with 100 to 1 lucas post pics when its rusted and shot yeah cool part about this post is it will cause some corruption again

I chunked 3 maple trees down friday and put 6 tanks of fuel through my 241..it was runnin 90 e free gas and belray at 32:1 and it ran great..am i doin it wrong ? , i just wanna know how long my saw is gonna last ?
Take the **** out ur saw. Walker already said that is totally the opposite from what ur saw needs

I just ordered a quart of Yamalube 2-R. If the H1R does indeed create a tuning issue, I want to see how this stuff does.
I had a 066 that didn't want to tune on belray. It had the small jet in the carb.

well ya all have me curious about the carb version and the reset on the mtronic 661.

sooo I'll buy some more H1R

mix up some 50:1 and some 32:1. Make up some 3/8ths or 404 chain? I'll do 3-4 cuts this time. and we'll compare times and temps again. First with the 660. If 50:1 beats 32:1 with the 660 then I'm not doing the reset thing on the 661 cuz it would be a waste.

If someone wants to come watch me do these I don't care. I'm in woodville, WI about 45min from twin cities MN.

I DO NOT CARE IF 32:1 wins!!! All I care about is running the best mix! If 32 wins I'll run it. But if it runs hotter and slower like it has already did in the first test then forget it. Why you guys would want to run a hotter jug or that much of a slower saw is beyond me...don't really care though cuz I ain't the one running it!

Lastly, remember this is a stock saw! If someone wants to bring their ported saw...I'm all for it!

and if someone has something better than H1R let's run that! I don't care! Give me the best stuff!

This is better than a reality show without tits!
It's more like girls gone wild. Bottom line: Everyone's experiences are different. Anyone who ever had a saw burn up blamed it on oil. They change ratios back and forth from 50:1 to 24:1 without retuning it and when it burns up on cheap oil at 24:1 it was the oil's fault. Most don't understand that more oil in the mix requires opening jets up to compensate for the mix now being thicker.

I bought a husky 51 in the early 90's to cut my own firewood. 20 face cord per year for a few years. And 30-40 hours per year since. All on the cheapest oil and gas available. I've never done anything but toss out the muffler screen. Never replaced a rubber line in it. And it runs like new. Maybe synthetic oils are a bit to blame for many failures to fuel system components. I don't know.

I have a 1988 jred 625 that was used hard for 15 years on pump gas and cheap oil. I just ordered a crank for it because the rod bearing is sloppy. But it probably has 1500 hours on it. Top of the piston was black, but not built up. Some carbon in the exhaust port. It was worn out. Nothing "failed".
I might try synthetics in the future. But for now, I'm sticking to what has worked for me. For $13 per gallon.

I had a 066 that didn't want to tune on belray. It had the small jet in the carb.
I use to run yama lube its alright if you rev and engine alot but say in a older enduro bike that does not always seem to be piss reved it can load up easier but it does have a nice smell to it

I'm just sitting thinking about all the saws I've seen with trashed big end bearings........now there's some guy on here trying to prove that less oil is better.

Spend a few years tearing into saw after saw, and then come back here and tell us what you think then.
Glad to hear you say that i know in past post you suggested more oil in the saws you build both thumbs up here

Latest posts

Back