661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We haven't had a splitting axe argument on this site for months.... And I'm sure if we brought a few folks from F & L in here they could tell you how stupid it is to worry about oil differences. LOL
My Gransfors Bruk splitting maul is better than anything else on the market.... everything else sucks......:innocent:

i want one of these
http://www.neemantools.com/en/products/axes

i may get banned for this ,an axe built for ff forums

I would love to have one of his splitting Mauls... he crafts some beautiful tools.( I have watched that video many times) Really want one of his Damascus kitchen knife sets but the price is a bit steep. You have fine taste Sir!!

Nosler are pretty much are the gold standard of bullets. Not bad for a product that came to Market in 1948!
I can't take it anymore, all the bs about bullets! Nosler partitions are fair at best. I have recovered several nosler partitions with the front half missing, in everything from o6 to 338. It was a good bullet when the first came out, butt the modern bonded billers are far superior. Barnes billets are like shooting full metal jackets. Good in Africa not here.

I can't take it anymore, all the bs about bullets! Nosler partitions are fair at best. I have recovered several nosler partitions with the front half missing, in everything from o6 to 338. It was a good bullet when the first came out, butt the modern bonded billers are far superior. Barnes billets are like shooting full metal jackets. Good in Africa not here.
The front lead will shed especially when fired from magnum calibers. Since you are inspecting bullets I'll assume it killed the quarry ;)

The front lead will shed especially when fired from magnum calibers. Since you are inspecting bullets I'll assume it killed the quarry ;)
The ones I found yes, partitions poke holes 50 pertcent of the time. I have had animals go 300 yards with a good shot and no signs of being hit. I sropes using them 30 years ago

The ones I found yes, partitions poke holes 50 pertcent of the time. I have had animals go 300 yards with a good shot and no signs of being hit. I sropes using them 30 years ago
I completely dismantled the heart and lungs of a whitetail buck with very hot loads from a 300 win mag and he ran almost 300 yards. Every deer I've ever shot with a 7mm-08 dropped in its tracks. Go figure. As long as you place the shot a good bullet won't let you down.

I completely dismantled the heart and lungs of a whitetail buck with very hot loads from a 300 win mag and he ran almost 300 yards. Every deer I've ever shot with a 7mm-08 dropped in its tracks. Go figure. As long as you place the shot a good bullet won't let you down.
Use a good bonded bullet, and they won't go 300 yards

Oil talk will be back, don't worry.

I live in the condor zone in Collyfornia so we can't use any lead. My 30-06 Rem 700 SS mountain rifle was tuned perfectly with Nosler Partition 165gr but now I use a Barnes 168gr. I haven't worked out a load I really like yet. The whole state will be no-lead in (IIRC) 2020, or maybe 2018. That gets expensive!

JHC, California gets more ridiculous every day I am gone. Steel shot sucks. I have to use it at some target ranges here. Not enough mass, similar to copper rounds. Ammo is spendy in any size or type now. Also .22 and other common ammo is nearly impossible to get in any volume.

Back