661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. But one thing is for sure that most of them dont care about fuel and oils but bring that tore up mess to my shop for me to fix!!! Lol!! Keep sawin and not caring boys! Make me some $$$$$$$
I'm sure they don't. But we aren't them. We all have CAD and ported saws. So gimme the fastest oil baby!!! :rock:
There is no fastest oil...

Ok...go tell the prime contractor or employer. "Give me the fastest oil baby"..lol..are you willing to bring your own oil in because its a sec faster and are day rate? Definetly not! Now they are bringing in 'gas station brands that have come a long way in my time but I like Castral or X P. (Not cheap here)do I buy my prefrence??? I have a few times.Do I know anyone else also? Not one person. Also like Mike said; (IF we have a choice) People stick with something we haven't had a proplem with. Problem includes cancer too...lol. like getting a guy to change his ratio, cigs, or beer. If they change it, Its because it makes $cents$
I am almost more disapointed if they have no paratac in the chain oil, I feel the difference on my hands when i'm not in the wood. Most chain oils dont have it as its the most expensive addition. As mentioned,
we are not looking to get forever out of the saw but my hands are important.

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth"

Thats the skinny in the real world.
Do carry on

Have any of you ever read some of the posts on the Bob is the oil guy forums ? , some of these car/truck owners are so OCD about what oils to use or filters , oil change intervals.....on and on. I have to laugh at a lot of them because it just borders on the edge of stupidity with the worry and concern about what oils and filters they use .
BUT , there is some valid points made and discovered such as oil filter elements tearing on some filter brands , oils that seem to work better in severe conditions so while it seems a laughable quagmire of talk there is some good that comes of it through members constantly monitoring and observing what is going on with oils and oil filters and the like on their cars .
I do come from an automotive and small engine background so I like to keep on top of these things and make some of my own decisions based off this .

I feel there is no difference in Saws or other OPE , always good to get feedback .

Ok...go tell the prime contractor or employer. "Give me the fastest oil baby"..lol..are you willing to bring your own oil in because its a sec faster and are day rate? Definetly not! Now they are bringing in 'gas station brands that have come a long way in my time but I like Castral or X P. (Not cheap here)do I buy my prefrence??? I have a few times.Do I know anyone else also? Not one person. Also like Mike said; (IF we have a choice) People stick with something we haven't had a proplem with. Problem includes cancer too...lol. like getting a guy to change his ratio, cigs, or beer. If they change it, Its because it makes $cents$
I am almost more disapointed if they have no paratac in the chain oil, I feel the difference when i'm not in the wood. Most chain oils dont have it as its the most expensive addition. as mentioned,
We are not looking to get forever out of the saw

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

Thats the skinny in the real world.
Do carry on
FWIW Paratac is PIB mixed with a praffinic oil.. good stuff.

There is no fastest oil...
I disagree. If you're consistently getting faster times with a certain brand of oil I'd say it's faster. But it would only apply to your saw in that size and type of wood you've tested. The results may, or may not, vary with a different saw and wood used. When I find time, between work and hunting, I'll test a few oils myself in a non-mtronic saw.

I disagree. If you're consistently getting faster times with a certain brand of oil I'd say it's faster. But it would only apply to your saw in that size and type of wood you've tested. The results may, or may not, vary with a different saw and wood used. When I find time, between work and hunting, I'll test a few oils myself in a non-mtronic saw.
to counter the silly bwalker statement, a dragster engine using the faster oil going down the track at 300 mph beats his opponent who is using a not so fast oil by 2 car lengths, he or she has a faster oil on two counts, the engine has made more HP & been more responsive using the faster oil & it was travelling faster down the track.
ta

You wont find an oil that's faster beyond the margin of error. Correlation isn't causation..

to counter the silly bwalker statement, a dragster engine using the faster oil going down the track at 300 mph beats his opponent who is using a not so fast oil by 2 car lengths, he or she has a faster oil on two counts, the engine has made more HP & been more responsive using the faster oil & it was travelling faster down the track.
ta
Except we are talking two strokes. Your original response was your typical unimaginative troll bs and didn't merit a more than one word response.

I have 800 off-road, Mobil, and HP2 to test. Not only in timed cuts but also protection and clean burning. I'd like to see some timed cuts from individuals that mill. That would be interesting.
For a true comparison timed cuts is a complete joke.
Even on a dyno it would be exceedingly difficult to get valid results.
I would worry much more about chain, motor tuning and jetting.

I have 800 off-road, Mobil, and HP2 to test. Not only in timed cuts but also protection and clean burning. I'd like to see some timed cuts from individuals that mill. That would be interesting.
Timing milling cuts is hard. You have to have someone to put wedges in for you and stuff like that to not have to stop. The temperatures at the end of a cut are what I want to see. If I can find a pyrometer reasonable I'll try to get some.

Latest posts

Back