661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bwalker
They are a middle ground between mineral and fully synthetic oils in terms of performance, price, quality and durability.

I don't need the absolute best.
I hate to look at it that way. there are semi syn oils that are much better than full syn oils.
About ten years ago i read a long term study done on taxi cabs IIRC where a conventional oil made by Petro Canada out performed a full synthetic made by Mobil. This is a totally unrelated application, but the point is you cant judge a lubricant on what its base oil is comprised of. Everything in lubricants is a series of trade offs.

brockhaskins

brockhaskins

ArboristSite Member
I don't worry, need, or want the best, Lucas and Super M are the most available at the best prices. Super M is a little thicker so might provide better protection.

Kinda leaning that way myself. Think I'm gonna try and find good deal on 5 gal of Super m and run in bikes and saws for the summer. probably at like 36:1 since that's what I run the banshee at.

CR500

CR500

Diesel, Snowmobile, & Chainsaw Technician
I don't worry, need, or want the best, Lucas and Super M are the most available at the best prices. Super M is a little thicker so might provide better protection.
The next 5 gallons I run I will try Super M out.

How does it compare to K2 in you opinion? like oil left on the skirt of a piston?

KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
From what i can see without tear anything down its looks pretty much the same. I was told by a Maxima tech that 60% of Super M is K2, true or not idk but they smell the same. Super M is $125 cheaper when buying 5 gallons.