661R Fever ...it's here!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presets came in, so back to converting my 661 to .404 ..............
I tried 106DL and then added a link for 107DL, but its impossible to get the chain on the 36" Stihl ES bar with the rim (on or off the saw) :dumb2:, and 108DL is too long for the adjuster to remove the slop. :angry::angry::angry:
So to run the 36" Stihl ES in .404, I ended up using 108DL and drilled 2 new holes in the bar for the adjuster (one for each side), and had to grind down the tail of the bar a little. :wtf:

Oil holes line up fine.:happy:
wow, that's nuts. I had no problems with mine...42" 404, 123dl, 7t sprocket

wow, that's nuts. I had no problems with mine...42" 404, 123dl, 7t sprocket
I was thinking of going to 42, but I rarely needed more than my 32", so I settled on 36"

It wasnt so bad, I should have just drilled the holes to begin with instead of grinding and spinning the chain over and over.
Its just stupid to have to customize the 36 so it can work, and even more dumb that Stihl shows the .404 36" using a 104DL chain.

I was thinking of going to 42, but I rarely needed more than my 32", so I settled on 36"

It wasnt so bad, I should have just drilled the holes to begin with instead of grinding and spinning the chain over and over.
Its just stupid to have to customize the 36 so it can work, and even more dumb that Stihl shows the .404 36" using a 104DL chain.

Just wondering why you would wont .404 anyway ?.

Just wondering why you would wont .404 anyway ?.
Lasts longer between sharpenings.
I have wanted a .404 RM setup for a while for stumping, and just square filed a loop of RS for larger bucking.
I have been running .375/.050 for almost 30 years, and allways heard about .404; now I get to try it !:chainsaw:

I also have two 90cc saws, two 70cc saws, two 50cc saws, and two 30cc saws ...........

Its all CAD and nuthin but CAD
:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

661R vs 660R with 36" tsumura bar..

I started a thread for this already but I know a lot of guys have been following this one so I'll post the link here

I finally found some decent wood to test on and yesterday was in the 40s here...couldn't ask for an nicer day in Jan here in Wisconsin. I knew the 661 would probably be alittle faster but, WOW.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKuGPCAtx04

661R vs 660R with 36" tsumura bar..

I started a thread for this already but I know a lot of guys have been following this one so I'll post the link here

I finally found some decent wood to test on and yesterday was in the 40s here...couldn't ask for an nicer day in Jan here in Wisconsin. I knew the 661 would probably be alittle faster but, WOW.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKuGPCAtx04
Looks like the 661 is quite stronger I wonder how much stronger it would be with a mm.

image.jpg [QUOTE 661cmz
Run the 661cmz today sunk it into some wattle today the saw went real good but the chain that came with the saw wasn't that great will have to take the guides down a swipe with the file should fix it give it a bit of a bite into the wood. Only getting into the 3rd tank of gas.
Can't believe how good these late model saws are on gas

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sshhh....you're most likely right about that, I'll just have to change the nameplate myself then.

I wonder why down here they call it a 661cmz I know what the 661cm is but I don't know what the z is..maybe it's for Zealand......

Back