7ft wide at 150 up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its all pretty humbling to a guy who just cuts firewood in the small trees of West Texas. I served in VN too, as Jerry did; but, it was not as scary as taking down that 'outlaw' tree. Wow! :clap: :clap:

I am not sure how many people out their have seen the famous picture of the California Redwood in Fort Bragg...but i am pretty sure alot

there is a poster out there and in the First picture A. they are pushing out the V i guess you would call it. However in that tree it was so square any idea how they did that???

It's painful trying to understand what you wrote. Now take a deep breath, exhale, and make some sense.

Awesome Moss. Thanks for the pic and site for the article.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Even for a tree hugging rec climber I can appreciate what the tall tree fallers accomplished. It's the big owners in the boardrooms trying to post numbers for Wall Street that caused a lot of the problems for the people who made a living in the woods. There was no need for the trees to come out of the woods as fast as they did to keep families housed and fed, and the mills running. I'm glad that some of the old ones are still left standing and hope that the young ones get a chance to become giants (in a thousand years or so).
-moss

Latest posts

Back