$@#%&/!#@&$%_/? So pissed!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have employees or day laborers? Get the trail cam!

Condolences on the saws , I sure hate to see someone lose equipment but mind your temper and don't go to jail for them cause it sounds like someone you know.

Jerry thats exactly what im doing tonight! Me and my .38 have a date with a couple idiots.

Found more stuff missing, crowbars, my impact guns (new makita drill set) :(

Found the spot they got in, pictures in a min.

Where are pics?

That sucks Jacob. Sounds like druggy kids from what they took. Your Stihloulan will be easy to recognize.
I know your pissed, but don't end up in jail over some saws and tools.

When my old shop got 'broken into', it turned out to be the 'night watchman' :laugh:. Apparently he was a Meth addict.

I suspected him, as he claimed a break-in to his 5th wheel the same night, and his story was far fetched. He had access to my shop through an adjacent office, and there was no signs of forced entry. Luckily, he stole from his elderly parents, and they turned his ass in.

I never did recover all my stuff, and the cops gave two chits about me getting it back.

Look for people that have knowledge of the shop layout. . . I guarantee they didn't just stumble onto the area they entered.

A friend of mine got his Honda dirt bike stolen last year he turns it in to the heat with the serial # and also got a good photo of a boot print left in the dust in his garage. Well the heat finds the Honda the dude was riding it in a residential neighborhood with an open exhaust, they were suspicious because this new Honda had a real bad re-paint and they check the # and nabbed the guy. Well the guy says he traded for the bike and is innocent of the theft except for that boot print he left, it was a perfect match to his footwear.

So look around and see what you can see, ya never know.

Last edited:
Do you have employees or day laborers? Get the trail cam!

No other employees (family buisness)

Condolences on the saws , I sure hate to see someone lose equipment but mind your temper and don't go to jail for them cause it sounds like someone you know.

im having an idea on who it is, I told a good friend of mine about it and he told me it was probably the neighbor guy (yea you guessed it crack head.) He has been in my shop once, but never into my saw area. He told me the day before my stuff came up missing that he had a "pile" of saws he was gonna bring over for me, and all I had to do was give him one of my good running stihls. Camera system is in order, until then im camping out at the shop. 2 birds, one stone cause I get to do much needed saw work!

When its time for the beat down let me know. Ill be on the first plane.:msp_mad:

ae9afdb7-302a-4848.jpg

A pair of tin snips took out the damn sheet metal :mad:

When he is not home go snoop around!

He's a crackhead. He's always home. Sounds like you never lived next to one! haha :msp_tongue:

Any how....... hope this is straightened out as quickly and safely as possible. Terrible story.

Hey I know hind sight is 20/20 but a couple things I have done to deter/protect/make myself sleep at night a little better, whatever you want to call it, is to write my name on the INSIDES of the handle/gas tank on some saws. I know it is work to drop the tank on some saws but it is an area that no normal (read non-chainsaw lover) will think to look and try to erase. I write with an etcher and go over with a sharpee, sorta like a jail tattoo for my #####, err I mean saw. Another thing is I run a steel cable through all the handles and around something solid or the wheel of a tractor or something. Just one more thing to slow a mofo down and think twice about working at it to steel it.

In all honesty man if someone wants something bad enough they are going to do what it takes to get it. Its just how bad they want it. The most you can do is try and slow them down or make them think twice before they catch a Louisville in the back of their head.

He's a crackhead. He's always home. Sounds like you never lived next to one! haha :msp_tongue:

Any how....... hope this is straightened out as quickly and safely as possible. Terrible story.

Better yet take him up on his saw offer. Surprise him and tell him you wanna check those saws out.

This all sucks but I bet you are getting close, get somebody( a friend of yours) to tell him there is a dirt bike or 4 wheeler for free next town over send him on a ride .Have your friend hang out near this non-existant freebee and watch for him keep in contact w/you by phone while you do a little snooping of your own.If you find your stuff call the cops tell them your wifes cat dissapered into this a$$ holes shed and you went in to fid it and found your saws instead.Or somthing like that? this is just off the top of my febel little mind good luck happy hunting.

This all sucks but I bet you are getting close, get somebody( a friend of yours) to tell him there is a dirt bike or 4 wheeler for free next town over send him on a ride .Have your friend hang out near this non-existant freebee and watch for him keep in contact w/you by phone while you do a little snooping of your own.If you find your stuff call the cops tell them your wifes cat dissapered into this a$$ holes shed and you went in to fid it and found your saws instead.Or somthing like that? this is just off the top of my febel little mind good luck happy hunting.

Don't do it he will get off on unlawful search. Just went through same situation except worse. Wife went into his house (which was my house) searched bedroom found some stolen items. Called Sheriff they came out took pics, etc. Then told her evidence could not be used because of UNLAWFUL search. Really sucks in my case cause I know who stole my stuff. Over a 100K and counting. Not to make light of your situation. I have much empathy for you as I know exactly how you feel. I'm very sorry about your loss. Local law has been little to no use. I tracked down one of my saws got it back via woman who bought it from him. Turned it in and nothing from law. He is still uncharged. Turned it over to God "Let every hidden thing be revealed".
Shep

Don't do it he will get off on unlawful search. Just went through same situation except worse. Wife went into his house (which was my house) searched bedroom found some stolen items. Called Sheriff they came out took pics, etc. Then told her evidence could not be used because of UNLAWFUL search. Really sucks in my case cause I know who stole my stuff. Over a 100K and counting. Not to make light of your situation. I have much empathy for you as I know exactly how you feel. I'm very sorry about your loss. Local law has been little to no use. I tracked down one of my saws got it back via woman who bought it from him. Turned it in and nothing from law. He is still uncharged. Turned it over to God "Let every hidden thing be revealed".
Shep

That sounds like BS, the police are held to using a warrant for search but that doesn't include a private citizen that discovers evidence. It sounds like you need to step up in the chain of command, is this an election year for your sheriff ? Speak directly to the sheriff or Chief of police call your district council person, the county commissioners , Have all your facts laid out clearly (write it down before calling) then send formal letters.
check the schedule of local government meetings and time your letters to arrive the day before and make your calls that day to everyone that will be at the meeting.
If Trayvon can get justice so should you.

Shep

Yep; like Jerry, I agree with that last part. Ain't nothing under the sun goes on, but what will one day be reckoned with. Ignoring that fact won't change it one iota.

Back