A guy telling me his wildthing is fast just ran the 5100s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah,,,,

Simonizer said:
Hey, you have Lockheed-Martin and the SR-71. Now THAT is fast.

...but it was a flying seive. Leaked almost as much fuel as it burned.

But fast, yes.

As for bikes, if you race it and don't have to turn left AND right, it ain't racin'!

Time to duck.

They had to have fuel tanks that leaked because the aircraft went so fast and got so hot that it expanded and grew then the tanks would dry up.It took off with a minimum fuel load then got mid air refueled and off it went ,faster than a speeding bullet,all done with slide rules and late 50s technolgy.Amazing.

keith c raymond said:
They had to have fuel tanks that leaked because the aircraft went so fast and got so hot that it expanded and grew then the tanks would dry up.It took off with a minimum fuel load then got mid air refueled and off it went ,faster than a speeding bullet,all done with slide rules and late 50s technolgy.Amazing.
The Hydraulic hose leak too. It was also done in 18 months from concept to test flight.

On military aircraft, they all leak. It, at least the front line stuff, has to do with the seals. higher altitude means lower air pressure, thus things swell, and seal. If sealed at ground level then they would burst at altitude. same reason as using nitrogen in the tires. regular air would blow the tires off the rim at altitude.
-Ralph

Is HD willing to get rid of the tariff on 1000 plus CC bikes ? I suspect the popularity of HDs in the last few years will drop resale value eventually. (suppply & demand ) But quite a boon for those who had an older HD & were wanting to sell it.

Ray

I have an "American made" dirtbike. It's an ATK. However, the only thing "American made" on the entire bike is the frame and swingarm. Everything else is either Austrian (air-cooled 406cc Rotax engine), German (clutch), or Italian (plastics). However it was "Assembled in America".

Gary

Latest posts

Back