A tailgate full of saws........... part 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
Not as exciting as the last bunch of Stihls, but beggars can't be choosers.
I picked up this bunch of saws and other stuff from a farmer and retired tree service guy a few miles down the road yesterday. Kind of a mixed bag. I couldn't talk him out of his 046 and top handles. :smile2: He also gave me a Honda clone pressure washer that needs a new pump and a 5hp Tecumseh I needed for a snowblower I have. The gem of the bunch is definitely the 036 pro. I pulled the mufflers and they are all good, except the Homey.

The best part is..... I got everything for FREE.:rock::rock: All I have to do is clean up and fix the ms210 and return it to him. (for his grandson) All that's wrong is the rope broke. He tried fixing it himself and couldn't. The spring may be missing.

I wanted to show them just the way I got them out of the barn, I believe they will clean up nicely. The ultra sonic cleaner will be working overtime. lol

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

This Craftsman he said he only used once and it never ran right. I'm sure a little carb adj. will do the job. There was even a scrench, 2 files and a new chain in the case. :cheers:

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

Gas powered trimmers.

IMG_4587.jpg

Two Stihl 028 Supers. He said both were very low hours when he dropped branches on them cracking the handles. :msp_unsure:

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

The Homelite.

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

This is the Honda clone pressure washer. He said it's only got a few hours on it before the China junk pump froze up. The engine runs great.
I also got this 5hp Tecumseh I needed for a for a snow blower.

IMG_4600.jpg

nice score ed but i am beginning to hate you,, first a crap load of bars and now a crap load of saws,, you suck:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Ed- I can help you with 028 parts. I have a running carcass here with a real nice tank on it. If you decide to part with the JD 40V, I have a sister saw here that I could pair it up with.

Will any of these be ending up in the classifieds section? Specifically wondering about the 028s and the Deere...

At first glance, I thought that red Horizontal engine was bigger than 5.5!

Nice haul fer sure.

simce everyone is puting dibs on them i might as well too :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:,, i would be more then happy with the crapsman to fix and donate it locally:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have a good 021 starter with pullcord etc if you need it. I swapped it out for an Easy2 start for a guy I did some work for.
I don't have a use for it.
Glenn

excellent score. i ain't gonna say i want one or more of them saws, even if i do, cause i'd be too late anyways. i will say how much i've always admired and respected you and all you stand for. don't care what all these guys say, you're a standup guy. you prolly don't smell too bad either. however, if you did think me worthy of having one or more of them saws i wouldn't think ill of you. just sayin. otherwise, you suck. lololol

The Homelite.

Those Super E-Z saws aren't hard to work on, and NOS pistons, cylinders, and rings are cheap and plentiful on feebay and elsewhere. You need to be careful to get the right ones for your saw. There were three different bores used in the E-Z/Super E-Z saws. All the gaskets are plentiful too. Pray that the ignition works on that saw. It'll have the infamous "blue coil" electronic ignition. NOS and new aftermarket coils are around still..................for about $50-$60. If it doesn't work, get a used one from a parts saw if you can.

I have a nice low-time late S E-Z that's about the same age as your saw. Ignition is shot. Luckily, I have a parts saw with the same coil. Hopefully it works. If not, I'm gonna try a points coil (from an older E-Z) and an atom type aftermarket module. To swap one of these saws to a points igniton system, you need to swap in a points ignition saw crankshaft. The later electronic ignition saws have a crank without the points cam on the flywheel end.

Back