A Tale of Part Numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Boy can these PN's get out of hand

My nephew is out looking for a saw. His friend's Grandfather's land was logged last year and they've decided to start cutting the tops and selling firewood for extra cash. Of course there are are a lot of hints about my splitter, tractor, etc. but I digress.

He called me yesterday from a Stihl dealer all excited. They have a used excellent condition 362 with an 18 inch bar and a 24 inch spare bar for $400. The dealer's offering a 30 day warranty. Should he buy it? Did the dealer say why the guy traded it? Apparently he bought it, never used it much and decided to trade it on a new 441. I told the nephew, I never ran a 362 but it seemed like a great deal go for it.

This morning he shows up with the saw, in the back of his truck, and low and behold pulls out a sweet Husky 362XP. I started to laugh and told him he had no idea how lucky he was we weren't talking 460s. He looked confused and in the shop we went.

Anyway all turned out well, I thought you guys might get a kick out of this one.

Take Care

Boy can these PN's get out of hand

My nephew is out looking for a saw. His friend's Grandfather's land was logged last year and they've decided to start cutting the tops and selling firewood for extra cash. Of course there are are a lot of hints about my splitter, tractor, etc. but I digress.

He called me yesterday from a Stihl dealer all excited. They have a used excellent condition 362 with an 18 inch bar and a 24 inch spare bar for $400. The dealer's offering a 30 day warranty. Should he buy it? Did the dealer say why the guy traded it? Apparently he bought it, never used it much and decided to trade it on a new 441. I told the nephew, I never ran a 362 but it seemed like a great deal go for it.

This morning he shows up with the saw, in the back of his truck, and low and behold pulls out a sweet Husky 362XP. I started to laugh and told him he had no idea how lucky he was we weren't talking 460s. He looked confused and in the shop we went.

Anyway all turned out well, I thought you guys might get a kick out of this one.

Take Care

Not a bad deal all the same, average. Clean and dealer backed is hard to find. Should have a good little saw there.

Back