A Tale of Three Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy Al,
Our kits aren't where I want them yet but, I'll have them improved every chance I get. I'm sorry you had issues with yours. I would have replaced it in a second for you, and I still will if it's under a year old. Just out of curiosity, did it come in a NWP branded box? We sell a fair amount of the NWP's without issue, especially the BBN 372. If you're interested in a replacement just let me know.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy Al,
Our kits aren't where I want them yet but, I'll have them improved every chance I get. I'm sorry you had issues with yours. I would have replaced it in a second for you, and I still will if it's under a year old. Just out of curiosity, did it come in a NWP branded box? We sell a fair amount of the NWP's without issue, especially the BBN 372. If you're interested in a replacement just let me know.
Regards
Gregg

This is why I'll always buy from baileys, great customer service. Now I've never bought a BB kit from them, but I wouldn't mind one of them as well to test against this one.

Nothing against Matt(MCW) he's great too, gave me a good deal.

The Baileys kits are made in Taiwan, not China.

Hi mate.
I'm well aware that Bailey's kits are Taiwanese. The particular supplier who has contacted me is out of Hong Kong but this does not necessarily mean that all of the kits he can supply are Chinese. I don't know where any of the kits he can supply are made, maybe they are all Chinese and maybe they're not.
I know you have had issues with previous generation 066/660 kits just as I have had with one of the two sent to me to test. I think (hope!) the Husky kits won't have the same issues but I'll leave the "qualified" criticism up to the guys that I have checking these Husky kits for me :cheers:
It is however very important for companies (such as Baileys) that help pay for tooling etc to ensure that their manufacturers do not on sell to other customers. I believe GB has had a falling out with a major Chinese supplier because of this same issue. I asked my particular supplier in Hong Kong if he has any issues selling these kits into the US - he said no. My concern was that I "may" be selling the same kits as Baileys or in Australia the same kits as Jakmax (I believe Jakmax and Baileys have an association - my Jakmax rep thinks very highly of Nik Bailey). Jaxmax's brand is MAKO.

Gregg,
If you have any concerns that I may be selling your kits I am more than happy to send some your way to check, I'm not here to tread on anybody's toes.

Last edited:
No Worries,
We pretty much know all the players. It's a free world, and if you can turn a profit, I'm behind you. The folks from Australia were in Taiwan while we were there a few years ago. I know for sure that they do have some relations with the folks we originally dealt with. I think we have a strong agreement for a North American exclusive with the company we deal with. I would pose the question to your supplier as: does the manufacturer have any issues with sales in North America. If he says no, I can't imagine any issues arising unless he's being less than truthful.
Best Regards
Gregg

Matt, do you have any source for after market MS200T kits? Not necessarily big bore, but that would be cool too.

The OEM topend is ported. I've yet to get it in wood though. Seems to run real well. Throttle response is excellent. Compression is a little disappointing, but not surprising considering how high they made the exhaust timing. It's yet to see any load, so isn't broken in yet, but compression is 145, 142 right now. We'll be doing a popup on it later, probably about .035" tall.

Thanks for the compression data, Brad.

The combustion chamber volume seems to have varied over the years on 660's, with the newer jugs tending to have bigger chambers. The jug I'll be putting on soon is like that, it'll be doing good to give me 140 psi even with a pop-up.

Thanks for the compression data, Brad.

The combustion chamber volume seems to have varied over the years on 660's, with the newer jugs tending to have bigger chambers. The jug I'll be putting on soon is like that, it'll be doing good to give me 140 psi even with a pop-up.

No wonder the new stock 660's are so unimpressive.:dizzy:

No Worries,
We pretty much know all the players. It's a free world, and if you can turn a profit, I'm behind you. The folks from Australia were in Taiwan while we were there a few years ago. I know for sure that they do have some relations with the folks we originally dealt with. I think we have a strong agreement for a North American exclusive with the company we deal with. I would pose the question to your supplier as: does the manufacturer have any issues with sales in North America. If he says no, I can't imagine any issues arising unless he's being less than truthful.
Best Regards
Gregg

Thanks for the reply Gregg. My supplier has said that they do have distributors in North Emerica and a couple in Europe. As always though mate, the Chinese don't tend to care who's toes they step on as long as they see dollars :cheers:

Matt, do you have any source for after market MS200T kits? Not necessarily big bore, but that would be cool too.

No sorry mate. I was chasing up a 200T P&C kit as well and apart from the shockingly expensive OEM kits no luck :( I've followed numerous avenues to no avail...

Howdy Al,
Regards
Gregg

Thanks Gregg,
Yes it's a NWP I purchased recently.
Was quite surprised with this kit after the good run with previous kits.

The OEM topend is ported. I've yet to get it in wood though. Seems to run real well. Throttle response is excellent. Compression is a little disappointing, but not surprising considering how high they made the exhaust timing. It's yet to see any load, so isn't broken in yet, but compression is 145, 142 right now. We'll be doing a popup on it later, probably about .035" tall.

So there wasn't enough exhaust floor to machine the barrel, even a little?

If you recall, Matt's friend begged his new MS660 off of him before he got to run it much at all. Matt decided he wanted another one. It will be mailed out today. I made this vid in the dark last night. It's about 21" Black Walnut. The saw will tune as high as 14,500 for play, and about 14,000 for work.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_W6Cu_yjzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_W6Cu_yjzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

If you recall, Matt's friend begged his new MS660 off of him before he got to run it much at all. Matt decided he wanted another one. It will be mailed out today. I made this vid in the dark last night. It's about 21" Black Walnut. The saw will tune as high as 14,500 for play, and about 14,000 for work.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_W6Cu_yjzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_W6Cu_yjzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Gee Brad things are rough mate when you've been running saws under candlelight :) Don't worry, I'll make sure a lot more videos get put up when it arrives. I've got a few 3' hardwood logs for it to play with :cheers:

Latest posts

Back