A Three Ibuprofen Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, things are starting to go. Had a call that there were a couple of skyline corridors ready for me to walk and mark the extra trees on. So, I headed up via a bumpy back road, in the dark because the river still had the main road under water. It took an hour and a half to get to the unit. Usually it is 45 minutes.

Got up, the rain turned to snow. So I found 4 corridors to mark. This unit is the last one on the sale, and it is a case of leaving the steepest for the last. There is vine maple, but that can provide vegetation belays, blowdown, and steep. You don't want to fall near the bottom as there is a cliff going down about 100 feet to a paved road.

I have to admit I haven't been doing a lot of walking lately, so I marked out the four corridors--rain coat on going downhill, off on the way back up. I had steam coming off me when I got near the top.

A faller shows up. He was told there were 7 corridors. We look and find two more so I make another trip down and up. He searches for the seventh, there is none. This happened on the last unit these guys did too. Somebody has trouble counting--maybe an extra finger or something.

I stop on the way home to see what the two busted up old loggers are up to. They are cutting firewood and want to know if I have a chain that they can borrow, as they need a little bit more length to get some of the trees out to the road. When I hop out of my truck, I grimace, everything is stiff and sore. The one guy laughs and says, "You musta been chasin' that ----- boy. Are they on a steep hill?" They talk a while, I shiver a while.

I make it home quickly. The bridge is usable. I'm now drinking hot tea, waiting for the wood stove to heat up, and then will go soak in the hot tub. Then I will decide on how much ibuprofen....a fine day.:good:

Slowp, it was all a 'lefthanded compliment', those loggers thought you were a woodcutter and everyone knows that a woodcutter will buck , shuck and chuck way more wood than a logger or faller. But then they may have been just whitewashing the fence.
If you didn't give then a rocked out chain, they'll be wanting you to file their chains next. Lol
John
BTW, beer is much better than Ibuprophen.
John

Latest posts

Back