absolutly bananas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet if you put a printed card with a thoughtful poem and lighting instructions and wrapped it with a ribbon you could get an extra $3.00 per bundle in the ritzy section of town! Soak in a 1/4 cup of kerosene and market as "Easy Light - Easy Night" and you might get an extra $1 on top of that! Put a green sticker on it and say that no healthy trees were injured in the process and younger growth was stimulated to produce more oxygen, and you might get $1 more.

Marketing boys, marketing!
thats a good un--and oh so much the truth!!!!!!!!!

Yes, put a sticker on it which says...

Organic All Natural Wood - No Additives

That would play pretty well here in nearby Woodstock. Some of the fulltime "activists" would then organize some kind of protest on the village green with drums and guitars in opposition to the burning of non-organic wood and wood products.

This could be big!!!!

Put a sticker on it which says...

Free Range Firewood - Made From Happy Trees!

This one is even better, cause, like, you know, I mean trees have feelings too, man. I mean, they're like us dude. They're fellow beings that we have to share the planet with.

A priest and a logger walk into the woods...

The Priest is there to administer final words upon the tree that is infected with mistletoe and about to be harvested for the wood! :givebeer:

I have a buddy who is very clever with words, and I have a printer as well!
this could be a blast!

-Pat

HAHA
you guys thought your were kidding.
Check this out.
LOL
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/grd/377738547.html

Organically grownTrees for sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-07-19, 6:19PM CDT

Various sizes of black walnut, white ash, red soft maple (like silver maple, fast growing), mulberry, nanking cherry, a few sumac. Around 3 - 4 ft. & some smaller, some larger. Also red raspberries & red plants.

All organic.

$5. & up. Potted. Possibly some, you dig.

Healthy, vigorous good-looking plants.

Please leave phone number with e-mail.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 377738547

Last edited:
Bundle it...

If you bundle it they will come.

Here in Denver they sell that .75 cu ft. stuff by the pallet load at the grocery stores. I always see it plied in front of the 7-11's for $3.95. I see guys wandering out of the place with a 12 of Milwaukee and a bundle of wood. Romance.:cheers:

Around the holidays they can't keep it in stock, and if the power goes out for an evening people fight over the stuff. :angry:

Cut a buck off the price of your closest competitor and you have all the gold you can mine. :clap:

Pull that cord...:chainsawguy:

Back