ALAP question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant save the image to your computer, then upload <i>that</i> as an attachment.&nbsp; You've linked the ever-changing image from their server (which, now with two of them on the page causes massively long load times with every page refresh over a POTS modem).

Glen

Thanks Glen, actually I didn't really understand that. Your explaination was a whole lot better than Brian's. I've deleted them.

I thought there was an option to not view those types of attachments.

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Butch doesn't give a f*** about how long it takes other people's computers to load the pages. He refuses to give anyone the option of looking at the pictures he posts no matter how large they are, he loves imbedding them in his posts. I should probably shut up before getting into how his endless weed-induced drivel has run off most of the better contributors here and all that is left is a bunch of climber wanna-be's for the most part. We have some good treemen here, but they post less and less. Do a search on Butch's past posts- usually about 20 per day and 19 of them have no contribution at all. I find myself skipping over many of the threads here lately because they have no useful input.

Just to preserve this.:rolleyes:

There's an option, but I don't know what it's <i>supposed</i> to do since it makes no discernible difference when it's toggled.

Glen

The option to disable imbedded images has never worked since the inception of this website.

aaf_cry.gif

Butch doesn't give a f*** about how long it takes other people's computers to load the pages. He refuses to give anyone the option of looking at the pictures he posts no matter how large they are, he loves imbedding them in his posts. I should probably shut up before getting into how his endless weed-induced drivel has run off most of the better contributors here and all that is left is a bunch of climber wanna-be's for the most part. We have some good treemen here, but they post less and less. Do a search on Butch's past posts- usually about 20 per day and 19 of them have no contribution at all. I find myself skipping over many of the threads here lately because they have no useful input.

Just wondering brian but have you ever posted any pics of your work? I can't recall if you have for all I know you could be the ultimate hack with the talent to condense web info. Lets see what you can really do.

Originally posted by Mike Maas
... you shouldn't just make one up and use it, YDF.

That's wierd, but right away when I read YDF, I knew exactly what it meant....."You divine Fellow!!!!"

love
nick

Originally posted by SilverBlue
Just wondering brian but have you ever posted any pics of your work? I can't recall if you have for all I know you could be the ultimate hack with the talent to condense web info. Lets see what you can really do.

Hip-hip-hooray!!!!!:jester: :jester:

Brian must've ran out of his prescription chill-pills.

love
nick

flash back

i actually thought for a second that this was an old topic brought back up....until i checked the dates on rockys post....

ach well back to the old rocky.....get it out of ya system......

i know im a wanna be climber at the mo...but im getting better

jamie

Originally posted by glens
I'm guessing it was as much an exercise as anything.&nbsp; Thus various operations were performed, not necessarily because they needed to be in this case.&nbsp; The top/limbs were removed and laid as a bed to prevent tearing up the lawn, right Nick?

What I don't understand is why the distance from the tree while performing the felling cut(s)?

Glen
Right on the money, as usual. I purposefully avoided posting the pictures with lots of bystanders to reduce the "city worker" comments, too. :D

And I stacked the brush afterwards on my own and stopped by in the morning. By 10am, the Grounds crew had chipped and hauled all the wood for furniture. Goes to show the picturesque front yard is the priority!

The target is that events are held there with college students, actually a useful segment of society, though often criticized by certain people...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back