Already thinking about my next saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all recently joined and figured I'd finally post on here. I picked up a MS441CM off eBay for $650. Less than two hours on the unit. Now I'm thinking about smaller saw for the light work I come across. Just curious what everyone's opinion is.

Ms261/026pro if you want to stay stihl love my o26 its done alot of cutting and if you dont force it, it will cut stuff bigger than it should with relative ease.

I agree with johnskis. I have (2) MS460's. Several years ago I wanted a smaller saw to compliment my big saws. I found a mint 026 Pro and scarfed it up. These two saw models ended up being the perfect combination for me. I bet you would agree if you would have an 026/MS260 in your lineup.

If you decide to deviate away from still IMO husky 550xp shines in the 50cc class.

As an owner of a 260 and a 346 ne, I would take the 346 ne over the 260. I have only run the 260 on a couple of occasions and it is a good saw cuts good and feels pretty good when operating the saw. The 346 has better handling to me and oils better than the 260. I also think it has a little more grunt than the 260. Both saws are setup .325 chain, don't remember bar size for the Stihl but the 346 has an 18" total bar. I don't think you can go wrong with either but I want my saw collection to look like an inner city playground, lots of colors working and playing together.

The best way to buy any product is to personally see it, feel it and to use it. No way I would buy an expensive product based on recommendations from strangers on the Internet.

For what it's worth, I've got the ne346, 550xp and run my friends ms260 and my favorite unported saw is the 550. Once they are ported I've heard the 346 is really impressive, but the 550 with just a simple muffler mod is hard to beat.

Since I work at a Stihl dealer I am biased towards Stihl. I have nothing against husky, they are great saws from the few I've ran but there just aren't any good dealers in the area. 026/260/261 was the first saw that came to mind but the MS241cm seems like an intriguing option (plus I can get one discounted). Plus I like the idea of two M-tronic saws:rock:. And since I've ran an MS660 for the last few weeks, the lighter the better but that could just be my back talking lol

Back