Alternative to the Super Splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ4wd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A while back I mentioned that there was an Amish gent, in the near by town of Howard. He makes a splitter that is very close to the Super Splitter, and I hear good things about it. I was told that someone could rent it for 24hr, but only run it for 8hr (hr meter) for $100. The man who owns the trash collection service is a big hard working guy, and he vouches for it saying" if you had the wood stacked and ready, you could run a cord an hour through it"
I've spoken to a few here who like it, and if its anything close Im going to rent it and test it out.
DJSPLITTER001.jpg

DJSPLITTER2001.jpg

whats the price on his unit??
i'd be interested in finding out how you make out with it...Nice to be able to test drive it first

Howard? Thats in my back yard and I didnt even know they made them, LOL

Yeah Howard is out 20 min from me. I thought he said it was $1299 last year, but you have to go see him, cause he's Amish so no phone calls lol
$1299 is costly for sure, but I dont think you can get the super for that.

This unit sounds interesting and I too am curious about the price. I would have to put some tires on the thing to make it towable though.

Looks real close to an exact copy of a Super Split, at half the cost.

The fact that this guy has copied the SS is the one thing I don't like. And this
is one of the reasons I didn't buy the other copy.

Im not one to start anything, well somtimes I might, but who do ya think made the first hydraulic splitter, who made the second one? Copy? I would think he has changed somethin or supersplit would be have a fit.

Looks real close to an exact copy of a Super Split, at half the cost.

The fact that this guy has copied the SS is the one thing I don't like. And this
is one of the reasons I didn't buy the other copy.

Lets not let any fact get in the way of a good story! Who copied who maybe they stole the design from him?

I do know SS has been around for 30 years +/- and supposedly the owner's dad invented it. But it would be interesting to know who copied who.

Its definitely different in some way, if not SS would have yanked it off the market. I believe he offers the bigger wheels, and the steel tongue.
Maybe one of us close to Howard can rent it sooner or later and make a video.

I just saw this thread. I was in Howard today. If I get back there next week I'll stop in and get some info.

Its definitely different in some way, if not SS would have yanked it off the market. I believe he offers the bigger wheels, and the steel tongue.
Maybe one of us close to Howard can rent it sooner or later and make a video.

The design, no matter how exactly you copy it, is rather simple to reproduce. The customer service that I have gotten from Paul is second to none and worth every penny.

:cheers:

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how you get along. I would love to have a splitter like that.

Has anyone ever seen a rack system like that for sale. The rest is easy to build.

Thats a great price!!

Has any body living closer to them ck it out yet???I would very interested in one!!!Its probably 2.5 hours away from me may be.This would be awesome!!Thanks ahead of time for the info!!!:clap::clap::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Back