Alternative to the Super Splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we did post at the same time.oooppps
I appreciate the time you've spent on this.

Does Paul know where these are made?

Dealer tells me he made the connection at Booneville NY woodsmens days a many moons ago.
Moot point though.

The missing bolt was there and there were 2 just like yours, but they stripped and I had to get a longer bolt to touch the bottom threads just so I could line it up to weld. All I had handy were 4 inch. Hence the washers to jam it up.
I took one bolt out, and left the other to "beat" on when the ram gets stuck in a piece of wood.

Originally it looked just like yours.

The spring has been broken 3 times and just a few minutes ago flew off for the last time. I actually have to buy one now.

Do you grease yours as per instructions? I quit.

60 thou good to know, I'm at about 120 now and I will close it up.

How about side to side play? is there any?
I have lots, and if you look at the witness marks of the bearing its riding hard on one side and a glaze of pressed "bark/sawdust" on the other half.

May need to adjust cams a bit..

Ia agree they are great when they work, when they don't, not so much.

Hydraulics either work or they don't and it costs dollar to fix, this thing is simple but requires tinkering every day it seems.

Paul didn't say where in Canada.

Mine has a little side to side play but not a bunch. Too much might cause excess wear, or stress on the spring/bearing thing.

The only greasing I do, is the main bearings and the rack gear.

I believe with some new parts and adjusting, you'll have it running good.

Guys,
I just moved next to this guy. I have seen them and tried one out. They are a nice unit, but I prefer a slower hyd spliter. Yes they are fast and efficent. PM me if you guy want to talk to him. I will be happy to help you all out.

Ray

ryan_marine,
Does he sell alot of them? Are they well built for the price?Thanks.

Pete

Its only 2 hours from my house,built in OHIO and it comes with a table top .No shipping expense.

Latest posts

Back