Am I crazy or what?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8mac

Spring Fling
Reaction score
Well yesterday I drove 75 miles one way to pick up a used 034 that needed some work. Got it for a good price though. Don't know why I did it, especially with gas prices what they are!!!!!! :)

Have far have you drove to pick up a saw?

Nah, 75 miles isn't bad. Makes for a cool day trip, and if you feel it was a good deal then it's good all around. I have done the same for XL-12 (new) parts, other craigslist stuff, and even a piece of software that was questionable to download..:blob2: :)

60 miles one way. I currently have one 90 miles from me one way but neighbor that goes that way is going to pick it up for me:msp_biggrin:

75 miles = 120 kilometres... nah, thats not too bad. I've done that and would again if the deal was right.

225 miles one way for a Homelite 3100.
Well worth the drive.

Lee

That is a good chunk of driving. Did you have the saw bought before you left? That would make me nervous to get there and it be sold:bang:

Well atleast it's good to know that I am not the only crazy one on here!!!:rolleyes2:

Nothing wrong with that. I drove over 50mi one way for my latest saw. If the deal is good, just getting out for a drive is an added bonus.

278 miles round trip...just did it on tuesday! Thank god for the wife's car and 30 mpg.

I've driven more than 100 miles round trip more than once ...

.... but I've been able to save driving time due to the generous 'brothers' I have on this site that are willing to ship saws to me! Many thanks to all of them! :rock:

Not that there is anything wrong with that:laugh:

INTERVENTION!

His avatar is from "Finding NEMO"..... If you've seen the vid as much as I....you'll understand!

OP....WAY too far to drive for a saw! Please keep your search withing 30 miles from your home! :laugh:

Last edited:
Five and a half hours one way and got these:

Yorksaws031.jpg

However, I was already headed that way and ran a CL ad looking for saws. Stuffed them in the back of my trailer and headed home.

Yorksaws032.jpg

Met another guy 5 miles down the road and picked up this Poulan.

Poulan31001.jpg

Once went 5 hours round trip and met a fellow AS member and came home with 2 dozen saws.

Back