Am I crazy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porky

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Am I going crazy or is my MS361 getting significantly stronger after 20 or so tanks of fuel? I was blown away when I got this saw (probably because I was coming from 30 year old 028) but now it truly seems to hold higher revs and gut through full bar (20") cuts like it didn't do when it was new. Is this to be expected or am I sniffing too much of my own exhaust?

your saw is breaking in and if you don't richin it up a bit it will be breaking. You may be going a little lean so I would be checking it, tach it, retune it etc.

Rotax

Gary and all...
Who did your muffler mod and what kind of improvement can a feller (pun intended) expect? What kind of bucks for the mod? This 361 is my new best friend. If it gets opened up a bit I'm hoping/thinking it will stop me from thinking of a 440. I love how light the 361 is.

Lakeside53 said:
Do your own... Search this site for 361+muffler:blob2:

Yes, I do believe there was a great pictoral thread of a 361 muffler mod. Hmmmm, I wonder who posted it :cheers: ?

Andy... no kiddin'... I just did about 15 different searches, and I can't find your thread for doin' the muffler on the 361???:confused:

I even searched by all threads started by you, and na-da. weird.:dizzy:

Gary

Like Rotax said!:blob2:

Over here, the good dealers ask us to return with the saw after about 10 litres (about 15 tanks) for a retune etc (no cost).

It is very good advice!:blob2:

Last edited:
Few yr. back, don't remember where, though, I read that after roughly ten tanks of fuel a new saw would begin to run at full power, not til then til everything seats real nice. I tried to tell on my last new saw, 036 Pro, and thought I could but might've been imagining it. Took it in, however, had the dealer check it out after ten tanks just so I wouldn't be burning up a new saw for over $500. I might've read it in the owner's manual.... Makes sense.

Back