Amsoil Sabre oil. Any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run both amsoil sabre and stihl ultra at 50:1 10% etoh and have noticed no difference in saws performance between the two brands. Amsoil is available at my local NAPA store but it only comes in quart bottles so it is less convenient to use than the stihl brand. The Amsoil does give the mix a good deep blue color as compared to the much lighter ultra.

I run my 8 saws(1973 to 2012 models) on 100 to 1 mix of Amsoil saber for years plus two leaf blowers and two weed wackers with no problems at all! We also ran a 175cc yamaha full throttle for 5 miles ( full throttle0 with a 200 to one mix OF SABER to see how it worked. No problems at all compression was up to factory specs. We went on to race that same bike on 100-1 mix for 2 more yrs. with the same piston, rings,etc. Very little( soft) carbon build up with little to no smoke. Don't be afraid of saber at 100-1 mix. You will be gas rich and oil lean. Gas is the cooling agent and oil is the lubricating agent. Check out oil consumption on the new direct injection 600cc skidoo snowmobiles. It's somthing like 1qt, every 1000 miles.

Look at the jaso certifcations. They are fa, fb, fc,fd. The test progress in lubriticity and time to failure as they climb the ladder. Fd being the best. Stihl Ultra is FB. Look on the Stihl Bottle.

I have a 660 purchased in 2006. I use Amsoil Sabre mixed 100:1 and it seems to work just fine. I used it as well in a Husky clearing saw for years. I picked up the wrong gas can by mistake and the residual Amsoil kept it running for 15 min or so before it seized. So, I think 100:1 is safe.

Latest posts

Back