An angry little bumble bee - MS150TC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ms150ts that I'm in love with, after a muffler mod it really wakes up. Haven't advance the timing yet but will this week some time. And will look into a little port job. Here's a vid after the mod was done. image.jpeg

Nice work brad, as always. Of course chain is good and sharp. I wouldn't call it an angry bumble bee though.. Sounds more like a good old american saw, say poulan or Mac or so, its got more gutteral sound to it, more like an angry beaver. Small but very good at laying lumber down. Again, excellent job.

Were there pretty good gains from the mods then? I just got my rear handle 150, but have only ran it one day. I think with that Picco 1/4 chain, it probably cuts as well as the 170 with 3/8 that it's replacing. After I got a couple tanks through it, it seemed to do not too bad. Not real sure about the oiler though. Seemed fine while working, but when I was breaking the bar in, oil was slobbering out the sides and not really being pulled by the chain.

Were there pretty good gains from the mods then? I just got my rear handle 150, but have only ran it one day. I think with that Picco 1/4 chain, it probably cuts as well as the 170 with 3/8 that it's replacing. After I got a couple tanks through it, it seemed to do not too bad. Not real sure about the oiler though. Seemed fine while working, but when I was breaking the bar in, oil was slobbering out the sides and not really being pulled by the chain.
A muffler mod, advanced ignition timing, and a properly tuned carb make a BIG difference.

Stock

Modded

Modded

I'm quite pleased with how it runs stock. Obviously a little more jam would be that much better. Is the oiler ever temperamental though. [emoji15]

Latest posts

Back