And this is what I get for letting a relative borrow something

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get a hf honda knockoff motor. i got the 6.5 hp one. i cant saw enough good things about it its a fantastic engine. i replaced a 5hp gc series honda with it and it runs awesome. i think i paid like 120$ sometimes you can get them for $99 too.

I will keep this in mind since someone else mentioned it too. Really good motors for the price huh? I will look into them. Do they run quiet? And how are they on fuel? The Brigg sucks on fuel but mainly because the tanks so small. I'll wait and hear back from the shop then make a decision.

A buddy picked up a 6.5 hp from harbor freight. Honda knock-off. Runs great, can't beat the price. I think he paid $130. I would think you could pay someone that just to tear yours down. Good luck.

I will keep this in mind since someone else mentioned it too. Really good motors for the price huh? I will look into them. Do they run quiet? And how are they on fuel? The Brigg sucks on fuel but mainly because the tanks so small. I'll wait and hear back from the shop then make a decision.

its quieter than my honda was and its really good on fuel. as long as these engines are available ill run one. i got a warranty on it too for 20 bucks i think for 2 years. if it quits at all they just replace it right then and there. i think the warranty was like 40 bucks but i said no was so then he goes ok how bout 20. i said 20 bucks ring it up!

i wrote on my hydraulic tank in white letters:

IF YOU BREAK IT YOU FIX IT

not that o loan it out, but my BIL has a bad habit of abusing tools

DSCF0210.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't had anyone bug me to borrow tools/OPE lately, but I've been thinking about requiring a deposit that matches the value of a new replacement (+tax & shipping if applicable) and an extra $40 for my trouble. If I am not completely satisfied with the condition of my equipment when it's returned, I keep all money, and my decision is final.

Soooo, anybody want to borrow my splitter? :greenchainsaw:

Get it out last night to split for a bit...pull it and I can hardly pull the cord. I think he blew it up.

You didn't specifically mention it but maybe you'll luck out and it'll just be the recoil or a lovejoy.

The actual Honda I offered you runs quiet, sips fuel and would only cost you $25 plus shipping...probably won't beat that with a Chinese knockoff.

I never borrow any tools. Most people don't take care of their stuff and I'd be the guy who might need to replace it. I once let a guy use my hammer drill. The drill came back all beat up but worse than that, he burned up two once inch bits. Nope! If you want to borrow my stuff, you can use it as soon as I get it fixed. Kind'a funny how nothing of mine works if you want to borrow it.

Many years ago my starter when out on my car. The snow was 18 inches deep on the ground. I got under the car and pulled the starter. I walked a mile to the folks house and asked my dad if I could use his car to get a new starter. Huh! Dad had me wait until he had time to take me to the auto store. His reason being, I need my car for work. What if something happens to it. I was 45 years old before I ever drove my dads car and that was only once in his life time.

My wife says I am being stingy when I will not let someone borrow something. It has to be a well trusted neighbor, family member, or friend to let it leave my sight. I have not been burned yet on anything real expensive, and I do not intend to let it happen. The worst I have been out so far is a Craftsman full polish 16mm wrench. Every time I go for that wrench I will always remember who borrowed it and never brought it back because it is now a slightly different style than the rest of the set seeing as they changed them along the way and i had to buy it separate.

Chris

My friends brief each other about my chainsaw: He's mad, he NEVER loans it out!!
Xcept for one guy who cuts with me and is a tech-wiz that I trust.
Why ruin a friendship? Why hear "It wasn't your fault" from the widow?

Maybe a chainsaw is not only a danger to health but to friendships too.
They should add a warning icon along with the WearGlovesWhenSharpening and the KickbackZone - a ProbableBestFriendHatesYou icon.
Icon shows:
Two man w/beers, one handing over a saw to the other, a big diagonal Don't! stripe across it.
:greenchainsaw::cheers::cry::chainsaw:

SA

My brother in law used my dolmar 5100 to cut up a doorstep he tore down this past spring.Spikes and all.I pulled in when he was cutting.There were sparks flying just like a grinder.
Ruined the brand new chain I hadn't even used yet.

Then he burrowed my 262 and took a chunk out of the corner of the gas tank a few days after.

Now he's the owner of a new husky.Cause he ain't gettin mine again.

I let my father n law borrow my 455 gave him gas & oil mix and also a jug of bar oil. when he gave it back to me the chain was GONE & he had put ATF oil in it intead of using the bar oil I had gave him.. I went OFF. One of my friends told me that what I get for sleeping with his daughter, LOL

I let my father n law borrow my 455 gave him gas & oil mix and also a jug of bar oil. when he gave it back to me the chain was GONE & he had put ATF oil in it intead of using the bar oil I had gave him.. I went OFF. One of my friends told me that what I get for sleeping with his daughter, LOL

Fair enough I suppose:laugh:

#### that was to funny.I bet ya I laughed for a minute straight.

Latest posts

Back