Another 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike's 066 and my 660 are almost identical in cut times. That is one awesome 066.
Mike's saw had some times faster than mine and visa versa. We had a great day.
But as strong as these 066/660 were wait till ya see this stock 3120.....

Last edited:
The 562XP was a real joy to run. It is the smoothest saw Ive ever ran no doubt. Spools up very quick. Sooooo impressive just for its 1st couple tanks of fuel ran thru her. She pulled that 24" b/c with absolute authority. Theres no doubt she would pull a 28" as well. This saw IMHO is worth every red cent.

That is because the coil itself is part of a kit in the IPLs, as I understand it. The listed number is for the kit. :msp_smile:

Yes, the kit includes the wire, but not the plug cap :laugh:

The 562XP was a real joy to run. It is the smoothest saw Ive ever ran no doubt. Spools up very quick. Sooooo impressive just for its 1st couple tanks of fuel ran thru her. She pulled that 24" b/c with absolute authority. Theres no doubt she would pull a 28" as well. This saw IMHO is worth every red cent.

I agree. This 562 of mine gets stronger every day. I have had it in red oak today and it just rips through the wood.

I find myself picking up the 562 and leaving the 372 in the trailer. Handles a 24 inch just fine and is way smoother than the 372. Not that I am putting down the 372, the 562 is just the smoothest saw I have ever run. Just a joy to use really.

I agree. This 562 of mine gets stronger every day. I have had it in red oak today and it just rips through the wood.

I find myself picking up the 562 and leaving the 372 in the trailer. Handles a 24 inch just fine and is way smoother than the 372. Not that I am putting down the 372, the 562 is just the smoothest saw I have ever run. Just a joy to use really.

And of course they are a little bit lighter which does IMO make them that much more fun to use. Glad your liking yours man.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Got my 562powerhead today, I got over excited and ordered a couple bars from baileys before I read a tip from Paul. So the bars beat the powerhead here and they mistakenly sent smallmount husky. I called them today and they sent the right ones. I got a 20" and a 28" w/skiptooth chain. Wish I would have priced a techlite first, wont be my last mistake I am sure! The powerhead seems nice I have a 32" base ash tree the city just dropped off with backhoe for me to break her in, any pointers for when my bars do arrive. I foolishly read the manual(no bar)! it says not to run the saw at high rpm? Then a couple pages later it said to run full throttle in log for several minutes. Should I richen up my stihl ultra mix to 40;1 or just run it 50;1? I have no need for a spark arrestor should I ditch that from the get go as well? Thanks for the info sorry to jump in on a thread but figured most subscribers will know what to tell me to do.

Oilslick

50:1 Stihl Ultra and let er rip baby! You will love her. Trust me. All your doin is lettin the autotune get adjusted. You will be just fine. She's one helluva saw. Congrats! New saw rep sent!

p.s. do us a thread on her with pics and vids if ya can!

Got my 562powerhead today, I got over excited and ordered a couple bars from baileys before I read a tip from Paul. So the bars beat the powerhead here and they mistakenly sent smallmount husky. I called them today and they sent the right ones. I got a 20" and a 28" w/skiptooth chain. Wish I would have priced a techlite first, wont be my last mistake I am sure! The powerhead seems nice I have a 32" base ash tree the city just dropped off with backhoe for me to break her in, any pointers for when my bars do arrive. I foolishly read the manual(no bar)! it says not to run the saw at high rpm? Then a couple pages later it said to run full throttle in log for several minutes. Should I richen up my stihl ultra mix to 40;1 or just run it 50;1? I have no need for a spark arrestor should I ditch that from the get go as well? Thanks for the info sorry to jump in on a thread but figured most subscribers will know what to tell me to do.

thats the beauty of the AT, you can do mods to it and it adjust itself. I say pull the arrestor if you dont need it. May as well poke a big hole in the muffler while your at it to let her breathe. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back