Any bigger Husky battery saw soon?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ob1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
As the title impress I'm curious if any gossip from Husqvarna circles, what new battery saw they might be coming out with that's a step up from the 540i? Seeing Stihl's new MSA 300 is really getting my hopes up!

I love my T536 Li and can't wait for a really capable midsize battery saw. Of course would be a lot more economical to keep chargers and batteries in the same family, so I'd love to know if there's any timeline from Husqvarna on something as powerful or bigger than Stihl's new MSA 300 (they claim equivalent to 50cc)

The one thing that really turns me off from battery saws is the cost of the package - isn’t one of the Husqvarna setups close to $1000 msrp for 2 batteries, the charger, and the saw (540i)? And that’s only a 40cc equivalent… we’re in the same situation as the electric cars right now - paying incredibly high prices for new technology that, in this case, is difficult to scale up in power without adding an incredible amount of weight/bulk compared to the i.c.e. equivalent. It’ll take a lot of $20/gallon gas/oil mix for me to want to switch over to battery, as well as the extremely limited likelihood that you’ll be able to economically be able to rebuild an electric one…unless someone knows something I don’t. We’re going to become even more of a throw-away culture.

The Stihl's are crazy expensive, but they work. A friend's uncle has an msa220 and can't start an ICE model because of his bad shoulder, so it's a real boon to him.
A top hand electric would be my first choice if I was climbing trees. In particular the Echo dcs2500t.
You won't see a large displacement equivalent electric chainsaw without the use of a backpack for the batteries. Stihl has already gone this way. Capacity is the issue and you won't get it in a saw mounted battery pack without it being prohibitively heavy.

The smaller saws are here to stay however, they're just too convenient and user friendly, ask anybody who's used one.

@Ob1 I’m interested in this as well, I was about to buy the 540i. There are a lot of things I like about Husky’s battery implementation and their approach to online parts sales (over Stihl).

I earn a living with my two battery saws. I have the Husqvarna 540i xp and the Stihl msa220. I paid almost $1900 Canadian for the Husqvarna with two 300 series batteries, charger and spare bar and chain. The same package in Stihl was about $1500. Had both saws about a year and a half now. Not problems.

I have also heard that Husqvarna are designing a battery saw equivalent to a 50cc gas saw.

Stihl already has one, MSA300 but not available in the US as of now.

I don't know when it became so, but these are now available in the US. My local stihl dealer has their first one arriving within the next one to three weeks, pre-sold. Said it could be a month or more before they can get another one. May be a real gamechanger.

I don't know when it became so, but these are now available in the US. My local stihl dealer has their first one arriving within the next one to three weeks, pre-sold. Said it could be a month or more before they can get another one. May be a real gamechanger.
I’ll tell you what man, the MSA300 is the most impressive battery saw I’ve run to date. Rep came by with one a few months back. Initial investment is high especially if you get the AP500 batteries, which you should if you wanna get the full potential out of it. It’s the first battery saw that really wowed me.

I’ll tell you what man, the MSA300 is the most impressive battery saw I’ve run to date. Rep came by with one a few months back. Initial investment is high especially if you get the AP500 batteries, which you should if you wanna get the full potential out of it. It’s the first battery saw that really wowed me.
Yep. I really want to get some battery saws like the MSA 220 T C-O. I actually posted about one at my local Stihl dealer too. But I'm not really going to sell a lot of firewood this 4th Of July because no one is having bonfires due to the next to 2 weeks being rain and thunderstorms. I just need to train some AI to become an attractive female streamer with an army of low-life followers to send "her" money and gifts and viola, I can get any and all saws I want.

Yep. I really want to get some battery saws like the MSA 220 T C-O. I actually posted about one at my local Stihl dealer too. But I'm not really going to sell a lot of firewood this 4th Of July because no one is having bonfires due to the next to 2 weeks being rain and thunderstorms. I just need to train some AI to become an attractive female streamer with an army of low-life followers to send "her" money and gifts and viola, I can get any and all saws I want.
You mite be onto something there…

You mite be onto something there…
Just Google Ammoranth Twitch streamer and you can see how some people are just horrible sick perverts who will give ANYTHING to an attractive woman just for a shoutout. Here is a good example:
We can even have a Stihl museum with one of EVERYTHING that Stihl, Husquvarna, Dolmar, and Mcollouch ever made. I would love a Stihl JETSAW.

Latest posts

Back