any DECENT 60 TO 70 CC SAW under $600.00 new??? or maybe nice used

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demc570

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I like my ms361,was thinking of smaller saw,but after running my ms361 and my uncles 50cc saw,i want to stay with 361 size or bigger,but i know this is probably a impossible due to price. Any takers? THANKYOU:bowdown:

Look in the auction there is a real nice MS362 in the for $430 and a few other options as well.

Last edited:
Baileys is selling the Makita DCS 6421 w/20" b/c for 6 bills.

I bought a used Stihl 046 for $700 around 1 1/2 years ago, and an 084 for $800 around 6 mths ago. Both were from someone I knew -- didn't bargain much, he needed the money.

Keep your eyes peeled on the Trading Post and you will almost certainly find what you're looking for in less than a week. Lots of ported +/- 70cc saws coming up for sale now for some reason. Some more, some less than $600.

I'm not really looking at the moment or in a position to buy, but I hate I missed that ported 441 for $400....what a steal. I was about to sell my 044 (stock, needs a little love) for the same amount with several locals interested at that price. Ended up keeping but, still....some real good deals pop up there from time to time. There was an 064 w/ 28" sugi bar that sold (very quickly) for $300 about a month back, but also one that sold for $600 the day before...

I like my ms361,was thinking of smaller saw,but after running my ms361 and my uncles 50cc saw,i want to stay with 361 size or bigger,but i know this is probably a impossible due to price. Any takers? THANKYOU:bowdown:

head for a 6400, 6401, or 6421 Dolmar or Makita. They are super stong at 64cc's and easy to throw a AM 84cc or OEM 79cc top end on for extra power down the road if you need more power. Easily drive a 24in bar (28in with skip chain), or just get a 24in bar and then get the bigger top end to drive a 30-32inch bar down the road. AM kits are under $100 bucks. I have found 7900's for around $400 lately if you look for a while. Great saw with great AV buffers and super power!

I picked up a Like Brand New MS460 for $600..
The deals are out there, be patient and ready to snipe..

Find yourself a used 044 or 440....imo they are a lot better than any of the above dolmar/makita options. Heck a 372 is even better than those options.

What xl12?? He has a stihl, and wants more powah? thats what I meant, mo powah for cheaper than what he wants to spend..

For a straight answer, an echo cs600p or..I dunno. Dont know what husky 365s cost new. the echo is 60 cc and you can see them on ebay or around 500 bucks. They need the limiters trimmed and richened up though (and muff mod I guess..), thats it. According to rumors on the internets, they take well to porting also.

and with that said, Ill ditto the other comments, wait and snag a deal used, or start with a project saw and build it up.

Various factory refurb Husqys avail @ VMInnovations dot com. Good prices include shipping.

Model availability varies.

(Got a like-new 455R for $307, for instance.)

Got my new 365xt for $565 out the door

I bought my Husquvarna 365xt w/ 20" bar & chain from a dealer on Ebay after Thanksgiving. $565 no tax, shipping included. The 365XT is actually a 70cc saw and can be turned into a 372, which as more hp. I'm super happy with it as I have a Husqvarna 455 but needed a bigger more powerful saw for the bigger trees and logs on my property ( I put a 28" bar on it and have no problem running a 28" bar/chain cutting either Pine or Oak.

Like other posts said, be patient and I suggest setting up ebay searches for various saws that you are interested in and you can get a email when something new posts.

Happy saw hunting...:big_smile:

I bought my Husquvarna 365xt w/ 20" bar & chain from a dealer on Ebay after Thanksgiving. $565 no tax, shipping included. The 365XT is actually a 70cc saw and can be turned into a 372, which as more hp. I'm super happy with it as I have a Husqvarna 455 but needed a bigger more powerful saw for the bigger trees and logs on my property ( I put a 28" bar on it and have no problem running a 28" bar/chain cutting either Pine or Oak.

Like other posts said, be patient and I suggest setting up ebay searches for various saws that you are interested in and you can get a email when something new posts.

Happy saw hunting...:big_smile:

There were a bunch of 365 Chyknee copies on ebay for a while. You have to watch out for those.
I'm a fan of the 365XT. The saw is actually 70.7 ccs(71cc). There are a few differences between the two set-ups, but yes, the 365xt has the 372xt engine for all intents and purposes. It can be set up just like a 372XT with a bit of work and a couple 372XT pieces. They're also rated for a 32" bar :blob2:

Keep your eyes peeled on the Trading Post and you will almost certainly find what you're looking for in less than a week. Lots of ported +/- 70cc saws coming up for sale now for some reason.

Bet I know what's going on, they're selling them off for the money to buy more Earthquakes in the chainsaw section.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back