Any of u do any Timber wolf tw5 modification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Have you did any modification on that unit? Do u find the need to build a guard to protect the motor from logs possibly slipping off the log lift?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The motor is on the opposite side of the machine from the log lift. Never been an issue with mine. You would really have to catapult a piece to hit the motor. The only problem I have is pieces falling of the log lift and falling between the lift and the machine. The hydraulic hoses for the log lift run through there and I have had pieces fall on the hoses before.

I would agree about the log lift hydro lines - I have the 36 inch model and the gap is even bigger and logs drop on the lines sometimes. I would also like to put a bar that would pin the log lift in the up position when storing - mine bleeds down after a few days.

The only thing I'll be changing on mine is the tires....the unit sinks out of sight on soft ground with those skinny tires.

I use a small cargo strap to keep the log lift up when the splitter sits.

Ed

I wrapped my lift hoses with that tough nylon hose wrap. It helps them stay in more, but lets them move when the lift moves. I really wish they would've found a better way to run those. I've had a couple close calls already.

I've been thinking about making a work table on the control side of the beam. I stand on the opposite side and have rounds fall off after the split sometimes. It usually only happens on the really big rounds, which is great because they're so easy to pick back up.

Back