Any other pole burners out there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikingjake

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just stacked two pick-up loads of old electric poles next to my OWB this afternoon. I've gone through around 75 four foot chunks of telephone poles so far this winter and now just got into a huge stack of old poles at the local electric coop less than a mile from my house. These have a lot more wire and nails to work around, but they are free and close. They burn fairly fast, but sure burn hot!

Anybody else using these for heat?

I just stacked two pick-up loads of old electric poles next to my OWB this afternoon. I've gone through around 75 four foot chunks of telephone poles so far this winter and now just got into a huge stack of old poles at the local electric coop less than a mile from my house. These have a lot more wire and nails to work around, but they are free and close. They burn fairly fast, but sure burn hot!

Anybody else using these for heat?

Does not bother me,glad to hear you found some free heat. But I would keep that to yourself. Could be wrong but there is probably some environmental law, you might be getting close to breaking because of the chemicals used to treat those posts.

Not me. I have too much of an investment in my OWB to burn old poles laced with chemicals that are detrimental to it's life expectancy. Not to mention the air polution and stink that will get the greenies all up in arms about banning OWBs in my area and elsewhere.
Nope, not worth it in my book but that's just my own opinion and I've never been accused of not having one of those (opinions).:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In addition to treated telephone poles I have heard tires also burn good. And now days they charge you $2 a tire to get rid of it.
JK.

:)

Ex-wives

Ex-wives and PITA MILs burn well in the OWB. You just gotta stuff 'em in there before the rigor mortis sets in. All those hollywood chainsaw killing movies aren't all that accurate, it's a real b1tch to get all that flesh and bone fragments out of the saw after. If they have gone a while without exercising and the subcutaneous fat has really built up, they burn like candles...long and slow!:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Ex-wives and PITA MILs burn well in the OWB. You just gotta stuff 'em in there before the rigor mortis sets in. All those hollywood chainsaw killing movies aren't all that accurate, it's a real b1tch to get all that flesh and bone fragments out of the saw after. If they have gone a while without exercising and the subcutaneous fat has really built up, they burn like candles...long and slow!:jawdrop:

Good tip !!

I could imagine the stink. Once when i was little my mom accidentaly picked up a chunk of treated post to throw in the heater from the scrap pile left over from building a shed. It wasn't even very big, but it sure stank like it was. The heater must have puffed smoke back in the house or something, cause i remember goin out on the porch and opening the door. lol.

What is that sudden smell around here???

Ya know I was just thinken the other day that we have a lot of new people coming on here that say they found us in searching for cyber OWB info. And being the cynic type (sorry) I was thinking, When will the antis figure out that we are THE cyber OWB site and invade us with posts just like this one for the world to see?

thanks for the compliment Mr. pole smoker. I'll believe it when I can come over and watch ya do it.

Now as for using an OWB for ex wives and the such,,,,,,,,,:clap:

Yikes

Never left neg rep before now. Didn"t feel to good when the same message came up at the end.

"Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn."

Back