Any other pole burners out there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me add...the people that would be whistle blowers in this area are in no way chitheels like myself...everyone up there is a major land owner...

I can only surmise there are powers involved here that I'm too naive to comprehend.

But I will tell ya'....it stinks. Literally...and for y'all as well...

Last edited:
So yeah...the OP is screwing up...but in the grand scheme of things...in a very small way compared to the autocracies being committed in our back yards...

Ex-wives and PITA MILs burn well in the OWB. You just gotta stuff 'em in there before the rigor mortis sets in. All those hollywood chainsaw killing movies aren't all that accurate, it's a real b1tch to get all that flesh and bone fragments out of the saw after. If they have gone a while without exercising and the subcutaneous fat has really built up, they burn like candles...long and slow!:jawdrop:

Kinda scary how knowledgeable you are on the subject, but thanks for the tip!

Kyle

What, that I like to call people on the eDrama they attempt to create? I certainly hope so!! :laugh:

I just always giggle at the "I'm taking my toys and going home" philosophy.
C'mon dude. Pity party? :rolleyes:

Sincerely,
Bored in Michigan

Thats funny, because I always giggle at the guy who makes fun of others so he feels better about himself.

I'll admit it was over the top- but it did get your attention.

Here's the deal-

The dealer I bought the OWB from said if I had a source for telephone poles they would be great fuel.

Contrary to popular belief, the telephone poles do not have creosote in them anymore and haven't for years - this comes from the guy who buys poles for the telephone company. I'm not sure on the electric poles.

I throw one or two chunks of the poles in at a time with other seasoned wood and have never noticed a change in the look or smell of the smoke coming from the OWB.

Gotta admit, I'm new at burning wood, but this seemed like a good site with a lot of good people and good info. I've been posting on various forums for years and never been attacked with negative rep points like this before.

I'll go back and work on my plan to destroy the earth now...:buttkick:

OK, I was wrong and I am sorry for it

but I aint going to kiss you, I aint no lumber jack.

Thats funny, because I always giggle at the guy who makes fun of others so he feels better about himself.

I'll admit it was over the top- but it did get your attention.

:laugh:

That it did my friend! That it did. Touche

I guess I'll just go back to beer making me feel better about myself :D

I know some power company employees, and they love it. They get paid to go out and harvest their heat source. Use the comapny truck that yanks the old poles up out of the ground. They have a constant supply to work with, they are always replacing old poles that have reached their life expectancy and beyond. They just take the truck home with a huge load at he end of the day and back right up to the burner. I asked one guy one time about worrying about the contaminants, he said nah, they were so old that stuff had to of work off by now. :dizzy:

I know some power company employees, and they love it. They get paid to go out and harvest their heat source. Use the comapny truck that yanks the old poles up out of the ground. They have a constant supply to work with, they are always replacing old poles that have reached their life expectancy and beyond. They just take the truck home with a huge load at he end of the day and back right up to the burner. I asked one guy one time about worrying about the contaminants, he said nah, they were so old that stuff had to of work off by now. :dizzy:

I'm sure that the DEQ would love that.

Latest posts

Back