Anybody ever see a Jobu? I need Saw Troll!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of saws the other day and this was in the bunch. I know nothing about it and Acres site doesn't have much either. 60 cc's, seems well built and it's not that heavy. Hasn't run for a long time.

I can remember the Remington dealers around here started selling these when Remington stopped making saws. Made in Norway, so I figure Niko will have some info. Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It takes a D005 oregon bar which is kind of odd. Only thing missing is the air filter, it doesn't look like it has had a lot of use.

If you want another one, Chris, let me know. I have exactly the same model here. :)

IMG_7007.jpg

I thought somebody posted a pic of one not long ago but I didn't know who it was! Now I remember. I dunno Rob, one might be enough.:msp_smile:

We'll see I guess, it's going on the 'project' shelf.

Can't help you on that saw but what other saws did you get the package deal???
Pics ain't the best but..

C-7. Runs but needs carb work.

attachment.php

625 Jred. Runs good after fuel work.

attachment.php

Deere/Efco CS-56. No spark and the recoil is busted.

attachment.php

The Jobu L86SB was the last model in a long "family" of saws (1978). It likely was teminated just after E-lux took over, as only 1,900 were made.

61cc, 3.9 hp at 8,500rpm was the specs. That family of saws is not known for well designed cylinder porting. 6,000 L86S were also made, but I don't know the difference between those models....

The first saw in that family was the L6 (1968), 56cc, 3.4 hp at 7,500 rpm. That was the most produced Jobu model - 46,100 were made.

Last edited:
Interesting layout. Cylinder front means crankshaft mass is towards the rear, and crankshaft is to rear so there is a lot of bar length deadspace just to reach the front of the cylinder.
Any other saws made that way?
What were the marketing advantages?
Granted, in those days of transition any gas engined saw was an improvement, but there must have been some reason they decided on that layout. Any ideas, theories?

What is that flat head plug in the head where the spark plug would be?

That Homelite C-7 sure looks like a high revving and light weight saw to me!

Interesting layout. Cylinder front means crankshaft mass is towards the rear, and crankshaft is to rear so there is a lot of bar length deadspace just to reach the front of the cylinder.
Granted, in those days of transition any gas engined saw was an improvement, but there must have been some reason they decided on that layout. Any ideas, theories?
And where is the exhaust?

No, no idea why they did it - but I believe you are right about the bars.

The strange layout is possibly to make room for the bulky combination inlet with piston port in cyl and reed in cc. The slotheaded bolt on top of cyl is to remove to set piston position to adjust ignition timing. The exhaust box is under the cyl. These saws do not run very well becouse of lacking blowdown time area and a very short inlet period the small reed cant make up for. Let it rest!

Last edited:
I forgot all about this saw, to be honest. The Jred is a nice saw, and I got the Deere running but almost every bolt hole is messed up. Played with the homie a bit too.

I think I only paid $20 each for them, so the Jobu can be a shelf queen. It's a different saw for sure.

Back