Anybody Have Any Luck With 50 Fuel.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of posts about it on here.
It may be a good idea for the occasional user but way too expensive for even cutting a couple cord of firewood.

i comes out to about 25.00 a gallon. i think i will stick with 91 octane and echo oil

I tried a case of the 50 fuel threw my saws recently. It worked well and its nice that it will store and no eat the fuel system on your saws. Only downfall is its super expensive. I'm gonna try my luck with the 100LL. if that does not work i'll just suck it up and run the 40fuel again.

I pay 3.50-4.00 for Dolmar synthetic and 93 octane. Once a month I stick a funnel in the lawn tractor's tank and dump the saws into it.

I'd rather pay $6.00 for premix that doesn't decompose in the tank.
For $20 I'll keep running four week old mix through the mower. It seems to like oily premium.

$55 will buy you a 5 gallon pail of premixed SEF94 in either 40 or 50:1. The only "problem" I have encountered so far is the tendency for saws to run rich. Simply re-tune and you are all set to go. If you switch back to pump gas you will have to tune again, as you will be running lean.

The 50fuel looks like a good option but it is real pricey even when compared to the SEF. I only run the SEF in my older saws that don't get run very much and the fuel will sit for a while.

All you got to do is go to the airport and get 100AV and mix it up. No junk in it and it burns real clean. That's all we use and the last I got was just $3.60 a gallon.

All you got to do is go to the airport and get 100AV and mix it up. No junk in it and it burns real clean. That's all we use and the last I got was just $3.60 a gallon.

Well you cannot just go there and get it anymore...not that easy. I called 8 airports yesterday before I found a place to get it and I dont know how long I will be able to get it for. They all want a "TIL #" or they cannot sell it to you cause it cannot end up in an onroad vehicle. No TIL #...No Sale.

I bought 7 gallons today so it should last me a little while. I hope its just as easy to get next time I go there.

Latest posts

Back