Anybody's Wife Use a Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife owns more saws than i do. She loves the 084's and 056 magII's. Cant keep her away from them. Brings them home for me to look at. Gotta love her for that.:rock:

Here is Karen bumping some knots while I run the loader, actually this is the first day of running the 441 Mtronic and she put half the gas through it, bucking up logs, she really liked the 441 Mtronic, cause it was easy to start and had a lot of power.
IMG_5425.jpg

Here is Karen starting the 441 CM / MTronic:

Here is Karen running the loader, sorting logs.
IMG_5405.jpg

Bucking up logs, sometime last year, with a modded 361.
IMG_20100920_074357.jpg

Topping a tree for me, while I'm in the skidder:
IMG_20100920_101035.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Here is Karen on a day when she bucked up logs for 9 hours with only about a 30 minute lunch break. The saw is a modded 361.
IMG_20100908_145543.jpg

IMG_20100908_143412.jpg

This video is her running her skidder with a pretty good log up a hill.

Sam

Maybe is Stihl could market an electric turkey carving saw? In Stihl orange of course

Last edited:
Uhmmm, how many men do you see pictures of that have cut themselves??? Just saying.
She will be fine if you show her how to use it safely. Why should she be scared of it? Are you scared??
It's like saying don't use a gun because they are scary. No if you use them properly and with respect they are fun, something you can do together and maybe she will out do you.
There are people that are accidents waiting to happen. Unless she is one of those I say let her go for it.
I love to cut wood, and I have been dabbling in carving.
I am glad my Hubby isn't one of those men that thinks that women aren't capable of handling a saw. I would love to run the bigger saws but just don't have the strength in my bum arm.
Just my two cents.:biggrin:

I....erm...."required" my wife to run the Stihl 026 when I was out cutting wood just so she'd know how to run it in an emergency (logged rolled on me, etc etc). Her comment "It wasn't what I expected" which meant it wasn't as aggressive or obnoxious an experience as she'd built it up to be in her head. Interestingly, she said exactly the same thing when I had her drive the F-350 diesel dually (with stick shift) and RV the last 20 miles home so she'd know how to drive it if she ever needed to.

Women with

Uhmmm, how many men do you see pictures of that have cut themselves??? Just saying.
She will be fine if you show her how to use it safely. Why should she be scared of it? Are you scared??
It's like saying don't use a gun because they are scary. No if you use them properly and with respect they are fun, something you can do together and maybe she will out do you.
There are people that are accidents waiting to happen. Unless she is one of those I say let her go for it.
I love to cut wood, and I have been dabbling in carving.
I am glad my Hubby isn't one of those men that thinks that women aren't capable of handling a saw. I would love to run the bigger saws but just don't have the strength in my bum arm.
Just my two cents.:biggrin:

Big AMEN to that, sista! Aren't we more apt to take into account our entire environment when deciding whether to attempt any job: the job itself, what's all around it, the equipment and a realistic appraisal of our capabilities. We're naturally accustomed to factoring in our height and intrinsic upper body strength when assessing a job. You can't muscle it, so that makes you take into account all the mechanical forces you could possibly use to your advantage. This assumes a fundamental respect for the equipment. That is to say nothing of any bum body parts. Mine is my neck.

A primer on the safety aspects of any equipment is essential for anyone of any gender. We can learn to do anything we're interested in doing...safely! On the other hand, any guy interested in baking a cake can learn to do that safely too. Reality is that most guys just don't have an interest in "girl things," like most women don't have an interest in "guy things." To me, it's just a lucky break to have learned as a kid that I could either learn about the things my dad was doing or hang out with my mother while she complained about the things my dad was doing. NO BRAINER!!

All that said, it's tough being dependent on him for something as stupid as starting a chainsaw, but it can't be helped. Sam and Karen's 441 Mtronic is now on my Christmas list! BTW: he can roast a turkey with the best of them!!

Thanks to all you gals with saws out there! You're an inspiration!!:yourock:

You are giving me the idea of opening up the PNW Saw School For Women. Part of the curriculum would be coordinating gear and a shopping trip to the two excellent saw shops in our area. Oh, and de-manning your saw so your significant other will not want to use it.

I won't get into The Secret Of The Men. Iit caused some hard feelings on the woodcutting thread. It was developed by my friend who is married. Her husband bought her a 360.

Here is my retirement work. I'm learning to fall small Dougs, and learning how we start to cuss because the trees are limblocked and also that fences have magnetic powers to attract trees.
206813d1321119783-day-40001_3-jpg

View attachment 206813

The day I spent cutting with the road crew opening up one of our main roads. There were lots of rootwads to be wary of.
206812d1321119655-28-road-jpg

Last edited:
You are giving me the idea of opening up the PNW Saw School For Women. Part of the curriculum would be coordinating gear and a shopping trip to the two excellent saw shops in our area. Oh, and de-manning your saw so your significant other will not want to use it.

Saw school for women! You'd retire a millionaire, I'd bet! Just steer clear of those magnetic fences.

It may be more of a tractor beam. I had one tree sit back so it had to go on the fence. I could have sworn it had a lean in the opposite direction!

It was a barb wire fence that had no purpose so no cows were harmed or escaped.

It may be more of a tractor beam. I had one tree sit back so it had to go on the fence. I could have sworn it had a lean in the opposite direction!

It was a barb wire fence that had no purpose so no cows were harmed or escaped.

OK, so Chainsaw University for Women must have a force-field, at least for freshman year...and no livestock.

Thoughtful presents

My wife will be along shortly to put you straight. Shes ran her own [Christmas present] Stihl 260 pro, her 019t, my 032, ported 372xpw and dual port 066. Just give her a thurough saftey training watch her cut to make sure shes using the safety rules and gear and have fun.

He gave me a Husky 23 for our anniversary one year!!:cake:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back