Anyone deal with Scotsco?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Just curious. The shop has been a longtime customer (decades) but recently they started charging a fee to pay for the orders with a credit card.
Used to do it "COD" before but that's mostly gone the way of typewriters and record players.

They bill it after the fact too, so pay, for example, a $500 order and a bill comes in for $10 or whatever for using a credit card.
I was wondering today, if you pay that bill with a card, do they charge fees on that too?!

I think it's horsecrap. Being they are "mail order" they only take cashiers checks or credit cards. Seems like paying with debit/credit cards are "the norm" these days, the fees charged are the cost of doing business.

Just curious. The shop has been a longtime customer (decades) but recently they started charging a fee to pay for the orders with a credit card.
Used to do it "COD" before but that's mostly gone the way of typewriters and record players.

They bill it after the fact too, so pay the lefts say a $500 order and a bill comes in for $10 or whatever for using a credit card.
I was wondering today, if you pay that bill with a card, do they charge fees 9n that too?

I think it's horsecrap. Being they are "mail order" they only take cashiers checks or credit cards. Seems like paying with debit/credit cards are "the norm" these days, the fees charged are the cost of doing business.

While it's legal in about 40 states (the states that don't allow it have 40% of the US population) to add a surcharge for using a credit card there are several caveats:

The merchant can only charge the rate they themselves are charged by the credit card company. If they are charged more than 4% they can only recover 4% and have to eat the difference.
If they are a brick-and-mortar store, they have to post signs explaining the fee and you have to be told again about the fee when purchasing. If online the fee has to be listed on the front page with the listings of credit cards they accept.
They can only charge a fee for a credit card. They can't charge a fee if you're using a debit card or pre-paid card.
The surcharge fee has to be a separate line item on the receipt, regardless if the purchase was made in-store or online.

Do you have a store account with them directly and are looking to pay their monthly bill with a credit card?

I usually get a discount on all my saw stuff using cash . The gun store charges credit card fee for guns because there's not that much markup.

I went to a husky dealer the other day to get some used parts. Thought I had cash but didn't so I used a credit card. Told the guy to ad 5 percent to my purchase to cover his credit card costs. He said that was the first time anyone has offered to pay it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back