Anyone use amsoil products in there saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So which of the Amsoil products is best for a chainsaw? I've been a dealer and a preferred customer before just to get the discount on my auto engine oil, but never used their 2-smoke oil.

So were you one of those bald "Amsoil" guys with the tamborine at the
Columbus airport????

how do they do on shipping that stuff?

Well I cant tell you that att! I tried to look it up but I cant find what it did cost me. The old catalogs used to quote a price for it by the case it was so much shipping. All I can find now are the normal shipping by the weight rates. I can tell you when I did order I figured it out and it was still cheaper than what I can get it at walmart, for the poulan oil. But also I only order it once a year and I order most of my chains, parts etc at one time, Im not sure if it will work if you order just a case of oil, maybe more expensive that way not sure!

I have been an Amsoil dealer for many years and I will not run anything but synthetic in anything (chainsaws, generators, big vehicles-ANYTHING). I have used the Amsoil at 100:1 and it runs perfectly fine. You will not burn up a saw because of the oil. The saw will outlast everything else if you run synthetic. I have an 11-year-old Husky that hardly even has any carbon in the muffler. The spark arrestor screen had never been removed until about a week ago and it was totally clean. I am currently running 50:1 in my saws just because I choose to. I ran nothing but 100:1 for a long time without any problems. You will not foul any plugs and there is very little smoke at whatever mix you choose to run. If you don't trust it, that is fine, but I prefer to have my equipment last longer. You will notice an immediate difference in the way the saw runs if you use the Amsoil. The Saber is the preferred oil for chainsaws. There used to be only two options-injector or premix 100:1. They have refined that a little and now it is more use specific. My brand new 361 screams on it.

An old friend of mine and Amsoil distributor knew a guy that ran a premix dirtbike at 125:1 for an entire racing season before he broke the motor down to find that everything was still in good shape. There are thousands of stories like this.

Amsoil is exactly what it says it is. If you want to use the cheap stuff and pay later, that is your prerrogative, but I don't do that. Go to their website and do some reading if you want to learn more-amsoil.com.

I have been an Amsoil dealer for many years and I will not run anything but synthetic in anything (chainsaws, generators, big vehicles-ANYTHING). I have used the Amsoil at 100:1 and it runs perfectly fine. You will not burn up a saw because of the oil. The saw will outlast everything else if you run synthetic. I have an 11-year-old Husky that hardly even has any carbon in the muffler. The spark arrestor screen had never been removed until about a week ago and it was totally clean. I am currently running 50:1 in my saws just because I choose to. I ran nothing but 100:1 for a long time without any problems. You will not foul any plugs and there is very little smoke at whatever mix you choose to run. If you don't trust it, that is fine, but I prefer to have my equipment last longer. You will notice an immediate difference in the way the saw runs if you use the Amsoil. The Saber is the preferred oil for chainsaws. There used to be only two options-injector or premix 100:1. They have refined that a little and now it is more use specific. My brand new 361 screams on it.

An old friend of mine and Amsoil distributor knew a guy that ran a premix dirtbike at 125:1 for an entire racing season before he broke the motor down to find that everything was still in good shape. There are thousands of stories like this.

Amsoil is exactly what it says it is. If you want to use the cheap stuff and pay later, that is your prerrogative, but I don't do that. Go to their website and do some reading if you want to learn more-amsoil.com.

:spam::spam::spam::spam:

Not saying that Sabre isn't good oil, but it's doubtfully better than Ultra.

the way i look at it is stihl makes saws not the oil who knows where they get there oil. amsoil just makes oil so i figure amsoil is going to be way better. Stihl probably just finds the cheapest one and markes it up as there own

I have been using Amsoil in all my saws for about 3 years. The stuff is great. The smell is not that bad, just different. Smokeless too. Great for those old smokers, like a homelite zip.

the way i look at it is stihl makes saws not the oil who knows where they get there oil. amsoil just makes oil so i figure amsoil is going to be way better. Stihl probably just finds the cheapest one and markes it up as there own

Even if Sabre is better, Ultra is already better than it needs to be... I can see running Sabre because it's less costly, but a saw won't last notably longer or perform better than with Ultra...

Just so im clear everyone feels its safe to run saber 100:1 premix but mixed at 50:1 Correct me if i am wrong or i will let you know tomorrow night if it was wrong

I normally run it in my atv's. I assume it's fine for that?

Any 2 stoke is fine to run intercepter in but it is made for ones with valves, if your atv has valves its good.

Just so im clear everyone feels its safe to run saber 100:1 premix but mixed at 50:1 Correct me if i am wrong or i will let you know tomorrow night if it was wrong

If that makes you comfortable 50:1 is fine.

Amsoil

Yes I have been using this oil since 1995. I have been using it at 40/1 in all my saws and weed eaters.Easier starting, more power, smoother idling, almost no smoke. What more could a man desire? Ken

I run the Saber Pro in my saw, snowblower and lawnmower at 50:1. I don't think I would trust ANY oil at 100:1 in ANY motor.

Latest posts

Back