Arboristsite "Urban Legend"?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all this talk of freakin pie and my wife has me on a diet. you guys suck...

Change something ten percent and it is yours. Can anybody tell me exactly what a ten percent change is in most things? I used to know an intellectual property and patent attorney. There were over twenty of them in his firm and most big corporations have their own herd of attorneys.

A friend won a patent case a few years back, made the company infringing buy out his company and he retired. It rarely works out that well from what I have seen.

Someone at Mercury invented the Volvo counter rotating outdrive. Mercury wasn't interested for a lot of years so they licensed the design to Volvo. When Mercury finally got interested they already had the rights. The small block Chevy was a Ford design. Sometimes the stories behind who uses what is indeed a strange and twisted one.

Hu

And Volvo's Stern drives used to be OMC Stern drives.

How would you propose lubricating the bearings with that configuration?
Not really complicated. Didn't want to bother you with the obvious. As an exercise, you might want to check out how oil injection is done with some outboards- much more responsive to needs than mixing. No timing needed, either.

Yup,
And Ford owns Cummins?
They just wanted to let Dodge have it, so Ford could eat crap fer that 6.0???????????????????

As usual this place is CHOCK FULL of it eh?

This started as an honest question, guess there are no stupid questions, but as always we find very, very, very stupid answers.

Granted, I like to know as much as possible about my saws and how an why they operate, but, my Stihls run, my Husqvarna runs, my Echo runs, and my old Mini Mac runs. So at this point in the Great Patent Debate, I'd just like to say, "who cares"? Let's go cut some wood.

A peace maker eh?

we really don't need, nor want peace.

download (4).jpg

I see you be from Kansas, any chance you can tap into the propane reserves and send me 500 gallons?

all this talk of freakin pie and my wife has me on a diet. you guys suck...

You're gonna have to find a place at the shop to hide the pie. My wife banned "throwback" Pepsi. I started keeping it in my trunk. Me and the kids would sneak us one every once in awhile. Yes, I know, it is juvenile of me. Kids can't keep a secret and we eventually got busted.

On topic; I could care less if Stihl did or did not acquire the M-tronic tech from Husqy. I got more important things in life to worry about. Kudos to those of you who do care. It makes for interesting reading. Somebody should shoot Stihl an email and see what they say.

I musta missed it?

Oh well none (0) of my saws have any tricky carb helping me protect the environment/their warranty (or myself)
I would much rather have control of tuning anywho. I would hate to see the aftermath of running one of those on a milling saw?

I guess it has it's place, heck they make cars that park/brake themselves????????????????????????????????

You're gonna have to find a place at the shop to hide the pie. My wife banned "throwback" Pepsi. I started keeping it in my trunk. Me and the kids would sneak us one every once in awhile. Yes, I know, it is juvenile of me. Kids can't keep a secret and we eventually got busted.

On topic; I could care less if Stihl did or did not acquire the M-tronic tech from Husqy. I got more important things in life to worry about. Kudos to those of you who do care. It makes for interesting reading. Somebody should shoot Stihl an email and see what they say.

Guess if anyone wanted to check?

down on page 41 or so there are the addresses of many higher ups in the company.

http://www.stihl.hu/p/media/download/STIHLGB_E_WebPDF_safe_2.pdf

I musta missed it?

Oh well none (0) of my saws have any tricky carb helping me protect the environment/their warranty (or myself)
I would much rather have control of tuning anywho. I would hate to see the aftermath of running one of those on a milling saw?

I guess it has it's place, heck they make cars that park/brake themselves????????????????????????????????
Apparently you still don't understand how it works then? Because it would be perfect for milling - being able to continually adjust the mixture while milling would be a big advantage. Just as it is any other time.

On a true closed loop system I would agree.

There are certain parameters built into this "archaic technology" and not enough 'feedback'.

I understand the 'technology' just fine, I work with it daily.

Apparently you still don't understand how it works then? Because it would be perfect for milling - being able to continually adjust the mixture while milling would be a big advantage. Just as it is any other time.
Makes perfect sense to me ! But then again..Im not looking for the answer that I have predetermined in my brain...Im just letting the facts tell the story :)

Back