archertwo's processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sine the last time I posted on this thread I made a few changes to the setup. The log deck is now live feed so almost no more rolling of logs by hand to get them to the feed belt on the processor. It saves quite a bit of time and is well worth the work it took to fabricate.

I also installed a bigger hydraulic pump so things get done a bit faster.
I extended the firewood conveyor by two feet to accommodate the bigger dump trailer I got.

I like the log stop delio!

I've had logs jam up from 2 or 3 falling into the trough. I normally load enough logs on my deck to process at least a cord before reliading.

I like the log stop delio!

I've had logs jam up from 2 or 3 falling into the trough. I normally load enough logs on my deck to process at least a cord before reliading.

ValleyFirewood, my log deck holds a bit over half a cord so it's small compared to yours.
The log stop is something I saw a few years ago on a Hakki Pilke 1x37. Not a direct copy by any means but it works. I actually cut the the tops off when I livened up the log deck and got the same two, three logs falling into the trough. needless to say they were re-welded soon after.

There are A'cajuns everywhere.lol

IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0187.JPG IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0190.JPG IMG_0191.JPG IMG_0193.JPG I'm making a few changes to my firewood processor.
I've added a winch to raise and lower the conveyor. A second roller on the infeed next to the belt and a foot high steel plate to the other side. In the second pic you'll see the conveyor as it was, with wheels (those are now gone).
I'm also adding a slotted out feed tray and am adding jacks to all four corners of the processor along with extra bracing here and there.

Also if you notice on the four pics of the outfeed tray there are brackets where the conveyor will now attach.

cantoo, I installed the outfeed table more for easier removal of splits that were too big and had to be re-split. As it was sometimes I had to either stop the conveyor or rush to catch splits before the were partway up.
The jacks weren't a must but as it was my processor started out as a splitter with a conveyor that outgrew itself.lol

If you look at the second pic I posted yesterday you can see the elevator as it was and in the one I posted today as it is now.
It is now wheelless and attaches with two 1" pins.
IMG_0194.JPG

Where the engine is now.
Its future home will be on the stand welded a couple of feet to the right of it. The exhaust is just too hot on my legs as the engine sits.
IMG_0197[1].JPG

I went back through the thread to look at something and found out that all the pics I'd posted by using Image Shack were gone so here are a few that are missing from the beginning where I had only intended to make a splitter with conveyor combo then added a few things. At that time I was using a four wheeler to pull it around and was running the processor with a 9HP Honda.
For those of you who read the thread recently, sorry for not noticing sooner that the pics were gone.

Attachments

• DSC00431.JPG
    DSC00431.JPG
    895.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00441.JPG
    DSC00441.JPG
    892.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00443.JPG
    DSC00443.JPG
    635.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00444.JPG
    DSC00444.JPG
    640.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00457.JPG
    DSC00457.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC00456.JPG
    DSC00456.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • DSC00475.JPG
    DSC00475.JPG
    785.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00501.JPG
    DSC00501.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • DSC00511.JPG
    DSC00511.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • DSCI0099.JPG
    DSCI0099.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 69
Painted most of the new parts along with some of the older ones I hadn't painted yet.
The engine is now in its new spot.IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0216.JPG
I also added a covered console which will hopefully eliminate most of the sawdust covering up the valve bank.

[QUOTE="Jakers, i love the screw driver for a handle on the leftmost valve[/QUOTE]

Well I forgot where I put the handle, had a spare bolt, the screwdriver's tip was broken and I needed a handle, NOW!
I'll find the original one of these days.lol

Back