archertwo's processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matt9923, it's a 6800 with the wider tires. We had the narrow tires on the first one we got but when we got this one then the next one we decided we wanted a bit more flotation.

I finally brought my video came to the woods the other day and took a clip of the firewood processor cutting and splitting and conveying a few blocks.

[video=youtube;ykk-KR7s3BQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykk-KR7s3BQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks guys. It took a while to get the video cam, the processor and myself in the same place I guess but it finally happened.

Nice tools! I really like how you combined all your tools on a small splitter like that. Looks like the Kubota with the FEL is a great help, and nice log trailer! You make me jealous!

mellow, I put in a new 4" ram piston. The 3 1/2" one I had was starting to leak and lacked a but of push on bigger gnarly rounds I put through now and then. Other than that it's basically the same machine with a lot more cords through it.
I did need to beef up the post for the 4 way wedge. It used to be a 2"x2"X1/4" post and now it's a 1 1/2"x6" post. It's not going to bend under pressure.

Typhke, Thanks. You really will be jealous when you see the other Kubota, log loader and trailer I have now in addition to the 6800 and the loader/trailer combo.
Don't be jealous. The work that goes with getting those things will make you stronger but much more tired at the end of the day. Oh yeah, and a lot poorer too.:bang:

Last edited:
I really like what you've done here, this is way to cool. That is a firewood processing machine ! Excellent Job. :clap:

Typhke, Thanks. You really will be jealous when you see the other Kubota, log loader and trailer I have now in addition to the 6800 and the loader/trailer combo.
Don't be jealous. The work that goes with getting those things will make you stronger but much more tired at the end of the day. Oh yeah, and a lot poorer too.:bang:

NICE! I'm thinking about investing in a small tractor with a 3-point hitch crane, would be very useful.
Yea, I get that. My parents had a Ford 5000 with a FEL and we made a dumper out of an old stone quarry truck (see picture). Also, a friend had a 3-point hitch crane. Work got done! But with a few guys and machines driving around, you sure need to concentrate! If needed, my father brought the crane from work, FAUN ATF 100-5. Seems like a lazy job, sitting in the crane playing with joysticks, but after a few hours in the hot sun, you sure could use some minutes to relax.
View attachment 292337

How much wood do you process each month/year? Do you work in the woods full time?

Typhke, that's a nice looking dumper there. You should be able to hold, haul and dump two cords in that thing when it's rounded off.

I do firewood in the spring when it's too wet and in the summer when it's too hot to do much else and cut spruce for logs when the weather lets me most other times and go all year long.
When you've done the work with hand tools then go to hydraulic you really appreciate the changeover. It lets you do the work of two or three men with way less wear and tear on yourself.

Typhke, that's a nice looking dumper there. You should be able to hold, haul and dump two cords in that thing when it's rounded off.

I do firewood in the spring when it's too wet and in the summer when it's too hot to do much else and cut spruce for logs when the weather lets me most other times and go all year long.
When you've done the work with hand tools then go to hydraulic you really appreciate the changeover. It lets you do the work of two or three men with way less wear and tear on yourself.
The trailer could hold, stacked that is, a little over 4 cords. There were plans to get a second bigger tractor because the Ford 5000 only has 75hp, but my parents got divorced before that so now I'm without any big tools (for now:msp_biggrin:).

That's nice! Sounds like fun! Do you like the Kubota's? I don't see the bigger ones a lot in Belgium.

The trailer could hold, stacked that is, a little over 4 cords. There were plans to get a second bigger tractor because the Ford 5000 only has 75hp, but my parents got divorced before that so now I'm without any big tools (for now:msp_biggrin:).

That's nice! Sounds like fun! Do you like the Kubota's? I don't see the bigger ones a lot in Belgium.

We've had Kubota tractors for about 20 years now. We used to own International tractors till the dealer we buy from dropped the brand and went to Kubota tractors. We stayed withe dealer more than went to Kubota but we have been well satisfied with the brand.

That's a great looking machine you have there! I like it! I have a similar set up but I have not had a chance to do the conveyors yet.
Maybe I missed it but what did you use for belting?
Thanks,
dave

Latest posts

Back