archertwo's processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got time to add another valve to the system.
This one, I think the last one I'll be adding, is for the conveyor. It will let the conveyor run almost all the time. The only times the conveyor won't run is when another valve is using up all the hydraulic fluid the pump is putting out. Most of the time this will only be when the log spliter valve is being used to its optimum force.
dsc00504vc.jpg

It's way easier than having to pull the valve every time the conveyor is needed which is more often than I thought it would be when I originally put it on.
I thought that when the piston would be retracting the conveyor would not be running but to my surprise it didn't even solw it down when I put the log splitter valve in the detent position.
I also didn't want the conveyor to turn in the opposite direction. As you can see there is only one hydraulic line coming out of the valve. The other is piped to the reservoir tank.
I also did not want the lever to be pulled in the wrong direction by mistake so I made it unidirectional by blocking its travel by welding a half section of pipe to contain the lever.
dsc00505l.jpg

This is the biggest size log I can put through ther processor. You'll notice the 18" blade is peeking through on the top of the log. Actual diameter is 22" at the widest point on the butt cut. I had to use one of my other saws on the other side on the first two blocks to complete the cuts.
I had to roll the log a few times to get it throught the opening to get it to the saw. Man that thing at 14 feet long must have weighed a ton (slight exageration maybe).
dsc00503up.jpg

cowtipper, No, I can barely get to the woods with all the snow we've got back there. I finally got in today to open up the road again. The mile long stretch on our land took me 3 hours to get cleaned out with the Kioti. I can't use the angle plow with the snow packed down as it is so it's just pushing it around with the loader bucket.
There's over two feet of snow and it's hard to push it anywhere when the road we have is only 14-16 feet wide with a ditch on each side.:dizzy:
Today was the first time I was able to get back there to cut a few trees after I plowed through the snow enough to get close to where I wanted to cut.
I brought the processor out about three weeks ago just before we got a heavy snowfall. That one was a couple of feet of snow with the last 6" of it being all wet stuff. It feels like coarse sand when you walk or should I say attempt to walk through it. It's well above the knees. One step forward and slide half a step back or so it seems.
It looks as if March or April will be the next time I get to bring and use the processor in there and by that time I should be able to get a vid.

cowtipper, No, I can barely get to the woods with all the snow we've got back there. I finally got in today to open up the road again. The mile long stretch on our land took me 3 hours to get cleaned out with the Kioti. I can't use the angle plow with the snow packed down as it is so it's just pushing it around with the loader bucket.
There's over two feet of snow and it's hard to push it anywhere when the road we have is only 14-16 feet wide with a ditch on each side.:dizzy:
Today was the first time I was able to get back there to cut a few trees after I plowed through the snow enough to get close to where I wanted to cut.
I brought the processor out about three weeks ago just before we got a heavy snowfall. That one was a couple of feet of snow with the last 6" of it being all wet stuff. It feels like coarse sand when you walk or should I say attempt to walk through it. It's well above the knees. One step forward and slide half a step back or so it seems.
It looks as if March or April will be the next time I get to bring and use the processor in there and by that time I should be able to get a vid.

Sounds like fun :dizzy:

Snow can be a PITA especially on dirt roads with rocks and roots.

I didn't have a chance to update with video but I can show my new setup.
62 HP Kubota with log loader and cart.
Newly built log deck with hydraulic feed rollers and log dump along with a new 6 lever valve on the processor.
dsc00509q.jpg

By null at 2010-06-26
dsc00510h.jpg

By null at 2010-06-26
dsc00511ni.jpg

By null at 2010-06-26
dsc00512ou.jpg

By null at 2010-06-26
dsc00513li.jpg

By null at 2010-06-26

Last edited:
Yeah baby, now you're logging. Nice Kubota and wagon.....cool gear rep, nice job.
The construction company I work for has one of those Kubotas for landscaping and such...pretty well indestructible.

:cheers:

We've had that Kubota for 9 years now and we have another just like it that's 6 years old.
They are well built machines.

So when can you come hang out for a weekend and whip one of these bad boys out for me?:cheers:

Nice nice build.. :cheers:

I just want to know how that conveyor stacks that wood so neat !!

what part of NS are you in archertwo?

RAMROD48, I'll check to see when I can get a free weekend. If I keep coming up with new ideas to complement the build I will need a bit of time before I can make it.:) :dizzy:

TJ-Bill, When I can get my wife to help me she can stack them just as fast as I can split them otherwise I have to shut down to do the stacking.
I could say the conveyor was built to stack wood too but that would be pulling your leg just a bit.:)
South Western part of N.S.

treemandan, the Kubota and the Ford come equipped with cup holders. I didn't have time when I was welding things together to fabricate one for the processor besides I'm too busy handling all those levers to take a drink when tha thing is running.:)

Processors run more efficient with auto cycle....go with electric solenoid valves, limit switches and relays....that will give you time to drink aswell....:cheers:

Anyone have problems with these pictures ? About an inch of the top of each picture is all I get and I have waited a long time for it to load. I do have dial up. I sure wanted to see this machine as I am thinking along the same line of building a processor. Thanks Donnie

AKKAMANN, auto-cycle would take all the fun out of splitting and maybe cut the cord per hour time down too. I'll work my way through things gradually so as not to get too bored.:dizzy::cheers:
I do have to stop halfway through a load to re-fuel the saw so I edo have time to take a drink now and then.:chainsaw:

hermit, maybe try it again on another day. I may just work for you then. I feel for you, I too remember how it was to wait for dail-up to kick in and then just give up while thinking, "Well maybe if I had just waited a bit longer it would have come up." Sometimes dial-up just takes too long.:agree2:

Latest posts

Back