archertwo's processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

treeguyinoh, When I started out it was to be a splitter with an integral conveyor. Now look what happens when something so small as a valve doesn't do what it was intended to do.:dizzy:

Jkebxjunke, it does have lights but only the type used to haul it around at night. Don't need a cup holder. I don't drink coffee.

Thats what I"m afraid of. Where do you stop? I have pretty well settled on a TW-6 style, with a fold down conveyor, outfeed only. Processors are great, as long as you have plenty of 12-18" phone pole straight logs. My firewood all seems to be odd gnarly big rounds lol.

The trees I cut all come with branches too so knots and gnarly stuff are normal.
What I've been doing lately is cutting trees that are 18" at the butt and smaller for putting throught the prosessor. I'll save the others for when I make my next splitter which will be just for the bigger stuff that I can't put through the prosessor.
I've cut a few trees that the butt blocks wouldn't go through. I just made the first split with the chainsaw and finished them off with the processor's splitter.

What size pump are you using? Does the conveyer keep running when the pump shifts down? Thanks.

treeguyinoh, I'm running a 16/4GPM 2 stage Haldex pump. I run the conveyor as I see it filling up so when I'm cutting a log with the saw I have the conveyor valve going and when I run the infeed belt I also run the conveyor simultaneously.
I will be putting a valve after the power beyond and the logsplitter kick-off valve that will be running full time, that is when no other valves are being used or are being used at less than full capacity. That way the conveyor will be running more than enough to keep it cleaned out.
I'm actually thinking of putting the logsplitter kick-off valve before the Gresen 5 lever valve so it gets full power directly from the pump.
The Gresen valve isn't new so there is some flow through to other valves when high pressure is built up when splitting.

Here's a look at how the log picker upper works.
dsc00496j.jpg

dsc00497.jpg

dsc00499n.jpg

And a look at one of the bigger logs I put through it.
The saw blade is 18" long.
dsc00501l.jpg

I'm looking at taking a vid as soon as I get everything set up right and get a bit of time to do so. Right now I'm too busy keeping up with firewood orders.:dizzy:

Pretty interseting setup, nice work!!! How do you get the logs to the log lift? Skid em??

gink595, I'm using a logging arch I built a couple of years ago with a Honda 450 ATV as the "tractor" in the setup. I have a 3000lb electric winch with an extra battery in the box for added power. I have it hooked up to the ATV with welding connectors for easy disconnect for when I'm not using it.
This arch is pretty well what I''d call heavy duty being made with 3/16" x 3 x 3 tubular steel and mobile home wheels and hubs, the brake drums being cut out to reduce the weight of course. It's still pretty heavy to move around if the need arises and it does when the ground isn't level or it's pretty well impossible to point the arch to where the log you're wanting to pull is situated.
dsc00457f.jpg

loggingarch.jpg

I'm actually looking at buying a 2004 Kioti 35HP with a front end loader and logging winch since firewood sales have increased quite a bit and I'm actually having to "work" at getting the loads out now instead of just doing it as kind of a hobby type thing.

If you do get a tractor with loader.. I am sure you could add a grapple to the bucket.. it makes getting logs easier.. I use the grapple on my Bobcat s160

Jkebxjunke, If I do get the tractor, and things are looking pretty good for that right now, my next project may well be a logging cart with loader.:dizzy:

What if you made a rack that held multiple logs at once, so you load up 4-5 logs and then lift it up. I think a grapple on a skidloader or maybe even forks on a loader tractor. Seems like it would be time consuming to load one at a time.

Here is a processor that I think is a nice Simple deal... and it has a rack that holds multiple logs off to the side and feeds on the conveyor. I think you could make a side rack that does that and then folds up for transport.

http://www.crdmetalworks.com/

gink595, the Kioti tractor with loader comes with a bucket and also a set of forks so while I think up the log loader/cart project, for probably next summer, I'll be using the forks as a makeshift log bed. Like you said it it's pretty time consuming to load one log at a time. It takes almost as long to skid the logs from the pile to the processor a few at a time and load them one at a time as it does to cut them up.

My cousin came over while hunting and took a few pics, some of the other side of the processor, as I was cutting and splitting up a few.
dsci0090.jpg

dsci0088u.jpg

dsci0086o.jpg

dsci0099.jpg

They're not all big or all straight but they make their way through none the less.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back