Are You Considering A Farmertec Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen them, part of the fun for me is taking a beat saw (as long as it has good compression and a clean piston) and putting it back to work. I don’t have a tree service so they don’t work 40hr weeks but I use them frequently at work and at home. I have always enjoyed tools. Quality tools mostly USA, Japan or European countries of origin. Old or new doesn’t matter. I’m proud to own them. And my friends, family and guys I work with feel the same. Always fun to show a freshly rebuilt Poulan, HOMELITE, Dolmar, Stihl or Husky. I can’t justify $900 on a new 441 Stihl but I sure like running my second hand 10mm 044. Nothing against Chinese tools I just choose to avoid them. All.

Yall dont know what you're missing[emoji16]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I know a guy who has one along with an 034 and 440 and uses the three frequently. Definitely shiny and new
In the facebook group we have a guy that slabs with one, he runs it 32:1 on Saber as i recall and uses a tiny tach to monitor speeds and time. At 2000 hours it lost power and laid down...crank bearings went. So he stripped off some spare parts and took his other one out the box and started using it. The top end surprisingly was still in good shape..well used but, it probably still blew 150psi.

Some people have bad luck...thats cheap saws. I might run 5 tanks a year thru mine but...its mine, im not renting or borrowing a saw and its 1/4 a new one...why not

No thanks...I’ve got plenty of good Husqvarna, Jonsered and Stihl saws that I bought used for under $100 which needed little or no work. I don’t feel the need...for more than one reason...to roll the dice on a Chinese copy.

I might need to eat crow on this one.

I bought an Everlast welder. Hit the right combo of good reviews, features red and blue welders didn't have at the time, and price. Several years and projects later, I've zero complaints, and zero reason to believe a red or blue welder would have done anything but make my wallet lighter. 100% would buy Everlast again.

Been idly looking for a screaming deal on a larger saw, something that'll pull a 28-32" bar with authority. I'm a homeowner firewood cutter only doing a few cords/yr, there is a zero percent chance I'll be buying a new Stihl or Husky to do this. If someone's put enough hours on enough Farmertec saws to know the basic platform is sound, just replace the intake boot or whatever and tune it and rock on, I might consider it as a backup or secondary large saw only. Hopefully it'd turn out like my Everlast welder above.

I might need to eat crow on this one.

I bought an Everlast welder. Hit the right combo of good reviews, features red and blue welders didn't have at the time, and price. Several years and projects later, I've zero complaints, and zero reason to believe a red or blue welder would have done anything but make my wallet lighter. 100% would buy Everlast again.

Been idly looking for a screaming deal on a larger saw, something that'll pull a 28-32" bar with authority. I'm a homeowner firewood cutter only doing a few cords/yr, there is a zero percent chance I'll be buying a new Stihl or Husky to do this. If someone's put enough hours on enough Farmertec saws to know the basic platform is sound, just replace the intake boot or whatever and tune it and rock on, I might consider it as a backup or secondary large saw only. Hopefully it'd turn out like my Everlast welder above.
I put at least 100lbs of wire thru a chinese wire welder and never had any problems until lightning got it after 3 years.

Some Chinese stuff is pure garbage. Their computer parts are junk. Chinese wheel replicas are a tossup. When honda clones came out they were a joke. Now Tecumseh is gone, Honda, briggs, kohler and Toro/Mtd use Chinese engines/parts...

I put at least 100lbs of wire thru a chinese wire welder and never had any problems until lightning got it after 3 years.

Some Chinese stuff is pure garbage. Their computer parts are junk. Chinese wheel replicas are a tossup. When honda clones came out they were a joke. Now Tecumseh is gone, Honda, briggs, kohler and Toro/Mtd use Chinese engines/parts...

I buy wire by the 44lb spool. Welder only takes 12lb spools, but I drilled a hole and ran a tube to feed wire through the bottom of the welder, mounted the spool on the cart underneath. No issues. Girlfriend just bought me a spool gun, looking forward to trying my hand at aluminum welding.

I bought a G372XP before Christmas and it seems consistent with Husqvarna's quality of work. Lol
Seriously though I had to swap out the carburetor for a Jonsred 2165 carb and I've been dropping a few trees with it , but those who have seen other posts of mine know my real passion is the old American saws.
I just couldn't resist getting it in blue as a rub to some of my buddies at work that won't touch a saw unless it has Husqvarna written on it.
I do get quite a few saws from scrap yards though and having the option to bring them back to life with "some" new parts is nice because obviously the big manufacturers are in the business of selling and making new saws.

I've only got one tank of 32:1 through a G660 with a 36" bar as I bought it mainly to take down large stumps at a few properties I'm servicing. I stopped when the chain got dull and daylight was short. Hopefully I'll run it a bit more in the near future and update this.

not as durable
but fun if you like working on saw and replace parts
So they say but i have multiple customers using 460, 660, 038, and 372 variants in a semi commercial to commercial capacity...and so far, going on 18 months all ive replaced on any of them was plugs. Not one failed recoil or anything.

I might consider one if they make a clone of 346xp NE, other than that, no.

So they say but i have multiple customers using 460, 660, 038, and 372 variants in a semi commercial to commercial capacity...and so far, going on 18 months all ive replaced on any of them was plugs. Not one failed recoil or anything.

Argh, this is the kind of thing that would get me to give them a look. Did you build them yourself or buy it prebuilt? Have a link to a build thread?

Argh, this is the kind of thing that would get me to give them a look. Did you build them yourself or buy it prebuilt? Have a link to a build thread?
Ive only messed with the blue prebuilts myself. They just releases a ms260 model yesterday.

The only issues ive seen that are somewhat common is people not using the decomp and breaking the plastic pawls, and on the 372xp there is an o-ring behind the clutch that isn't there, it slides over the crank and a sleeve butts against it..takes a couple minutes to install. Most run fine without it and its never a problem..some need it..same with oem husqvarna.

Back