Are you still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still ain't cut a single stick of firewood this year yet...
We moved from too much snow right into too much mud, it ain't quit raining for more than a day or two at a time... and now other "jobs" have become pressing.
Garden finally went in yesterday, my daughters graduation is today, need screens on the windows, electric PTO clutch on the old JD went up in smoke Friday night, ain't got the lawn furniture out yet, wife is hounding me for the new kitchen floor I promised, need to build the tomato cages, the roof started leaking around the chimney during the last downpour, wife says the A/C ain't workin' in her van, near everything is due for a spring service/tune-up, no doubt I'll be cuttin' the grass every 5 days now... the only thing that's ready-to-go and don't need attention is the chainsaw, which I ain't got time to use.
Might be cuttin' firewood during weed and bug season this year... if it ever warms up enough for weeds and bugs :dizzy:
Good to hear everything is normal then.

Touched off a fire last night...was 36*F this morning. Winter just refuses to let go...unfortunately we will probably go from this to 100*F over the course of a few days.

The cool weather is good for cutting next years wood...we got a late start because it was colder and snowier this winter. By February last year, I had everything cut and stacked.

50° and raining here, I will be lighting a fire when I get home from work in a couple hours, 48° and rain tonight. On the bright side calling for highs in the mid 70's° tomorrow, but then back down in the 40's° at night for a few more days. Maybe by June I will be done burning?

It's still unseasonably cold here too. Duluth just had the first 70 plus degree day in the past 7 months! Usually we get a few 70 degree days by late March....

Eating crow right now cause I just lit the stove:eek:.

Been there... done that... more than once (only twice this spring).
Eating crow is good for the soul once-in-awhile... tends to knock you down a notch (and we, or at least I, need that from time-to-time).
But with that said... I'm flat azz, 100%, positively sure I'm done for this season :D

We're gonna let the OWB burn out today or whenever it dies. It takes a couple days for it to be truly 'out'.

Jon

Latest posts

Back