Art Martin: Will the Real Logger Please Stand Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crofter, your way out of touch. There are many people that could build a chain faster than Art, and many more that can build one as fast. Don't wager to much because you'll lose your a$$. Believe it or not but Art's chain has never won a major contest that I've seen or heard of. Sorry for the facts, but that's how I have seen it. Dennis

I understand, you've never met Art. How would you know all the facts pertainent to Art? Somewhere in an older thread somebody had posted times from different meets. I recall the Rupleys placing rather highly several times. Even ahead of you. Whose chain were you running? John

u know dc i actually think u know of what u speak. although id love to have an chain made for work by art..
the thing is bud [i mean no offence either] u come off like mike tyson did when he tried to bite the real deal holifilds ear off.
u got,, im thinking,, a lot u can contribute ..
but the art thing just needs to be dropped . its gettin in the way of our being able to benefit from your knowledge. think about it bud. jmo

I just dont think there has been any recent big breakthroughs in chain filing that are going to make anything more than a very small percentage. The operators input so overwhelms this difference its silly to argue about. Having the right combination for the wood at hand is a pretty complicated formula and its not all chain. If someone had the monopoly on it we'd all soon know!

Frank

I am not trying to be indifferent with any member are arguing with any one. As I read members replys in this thread To me I read it as member expressing their feeling or opinion as they see it or feel and that only

Some members are reading these feelings or opinion wrong. Some are taking these replys as personal.

All members are free to express what they think or feel . Lets let it be that way with out calling their hand.

What is has already been it over Tomorrow dawns a new day.

All members were Friends yesterday Lets all be be the same tomorrow Friends

There is nothing worng to disagree at times but not at the expense of Friendship

All of you are my friend and I am Proud to call you a friend

GOD bless all of my friends

Douglas
( Senior In Age)

Why is it that some people feel that they must try and discredit others. This is truely sad, seems like there is no respect left anymore.

LOL

crofter you seem to know alot , I hate to tell you but there are guy's that file chain's that will beat your guy by a few seconds and that is fact, Same wood same saw same guy running it, Het Art hurry up with your video. put some falling pic's on to .. Man this site is the best. I like it here i don't think i will ever leave : ) y'trA

lmao darin.
jack i see u point ,but they a certain necessity for tact .. especilly on a forum of people who in general just share common interest. aint like a crew
where everybody is use to spending friday nite trying to spend the rent at joes place.:)

Any of you guys ever read this book. I understand it's from Art's time. I got hold of a copy and it's on it's way. I try to post some pics from it when I get the book. I love the internet and ebay.

looks like good reading mark. i doubt its in the library but im gonna check anyway.
this ole stanly county library can surprize u with what there.

Y'TrA

Thank you for acknowledsing that Art is one of the Best or among the best.Quote ( beat your guy by a few second ).

To the members on this site feel-- our man Art is one of the best. But they are not just talking about sharping a chain. What comes to their mine is the Help and giving of himself and knowledage they have learned from Art

Your statement tells me every one knows that Art hard to beat and if so --it will be only by a second in a contest.

You and other have every right to brag on your man in a contest. May the best man win yours or ours .When it over All should part as friends.

I am not trying to say any one was right or any one was wrong in any group. if any group can beat our man in a contest I will gadly acknowledse He is Good.

This is the End ( Each Group Has A Number One Man That is Rated With The Best )

just wanted to say this is the most interesting stuff ive seen on the net in many moons

thanks mr. martin for the amazing stories and doug for throwing all those pics up here for the world to see.

thanks
jon

woah, wheres my sig?

i log allmost daily, not for a living.
got a mill and some tractors, sell firewood, burn firewood, manage a few woodlots, play with chainsaws, like to shoot animals for food, ect ect

will i fit in?

Back