Art Martin: Will the Real Logger Please Stand Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a Bell 407, John. I have done some long line training in a Jet Ranger, but nothing compared to what the "heliloggers" do on a routine basis.
My best.

Thanks for taking your time and posting all of your interesting and helpful knowledge Mr. Martin.

What were the accomodations like when you were logging?

Thanks again.
Marty

Bump

FIL was over for Thanksgiving. Asked to see logging pics. Did a search and found the Art Martin thread. Awesome! Been around AS for 5 years & finally found the best thread!

So, is Art still around? Has anyone been keeping in touch?

all i want to know is when can i start my career with this industry? Im 16 and live in Oklahoma.

ya your probly rite. a buddy and me are some firewood guys that have got the rights to log out a 400+ acre lot. i have not seen it yet but the guy wants to see his cattle so i think we will get a few chords out the place.

Wow, what thread

Mr. Martin,

If there is any chance you could post some details on filing crosscut saws, I would sure appreciate it. Beyond the Warren Miller book, this kind of info is pretty thin. As a self-taught filer, I'm sure I've developed some bad habits which are best removed by the voice of experience.

Thanks for all the great advice, stories, and photos!

Hat’s off to dbabock for starting the thread on Art Martin.

I stumbled on to this by accident last night and totally got lost and amazed in the fantastic pictures and the history of Art Martin. Great thread!!! Art, if you have any grandchildren, they must love to hear you tell your stories. I haven't read or looked at all the posts yet but I plan too.

:popcorn:

Back