Art Martin: Will the Real Logger Please Stand Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another bump for this great thread! Just finished reading beginning to end. Thank you Art for sharing your knowledge and history, hope to see a few more posts from you.

Oh Please! there are alot better loggers out there than Art Martin was. If you were any god damn good, your still doing it, never gave it up, or couldn't do it anymore due to phisical problems or they were just afraid of timber. How much did the OP really know about Art Martin?
All I got out of Art was a decoy race chain! I think Tommy Fales Sr., was one of the real loggers.
Regardless, there's alot of unsung heroes out there and a few hasbeens who are pumped up to be alot more than what they were.
If Art was any kind of a logger, he'd still be on here. Loggers do it all, timber fallers just work for someone else.
John

Oh Please! there are alot better loggers out there than Art Martin was. If you were any god damn good, your still doing it, never gave it up, or couldn't do it anymore due to phisical problems or they were just afraid of timber. How much did the OP really know about Art Martin?
All I got out of Art was a decoy race chain! I think Tommy Fales Sr., was one of the real loggers.
Regardless, there's alot of unsung heroes out there and a few hasbeens who are pumped up to be alot more than what they were.
If Art was any kind of a logger, he'd still be on here. Loggers do it all, timber fallers just work for someone else.
John

When it comes to logging, I'm . . . :popcorn:

Is Dennis Cahoon still about?? I was at the Royal Melbourne show watching the woodchop on the weekend and the Tasmanian team were very good,seen David Foster there and it made me think of Dennis and his travels down under.

Hope your doing well Cahoon!

Is Dennis Cahoon still about?? I was at the Royal Melbourne show watching the woodchop on the weekend and the Tasmanian team were very good,seen David Foster there and it made me think of Dennis and his travels down under.

Hope your doing well Cahoon!

Yeah, DC drops in from time to time, I saw him in a thread a few weeks back.

He still posts regularly on RS ;)

Just some of my favorite pics out of this thread. Great read again.

2085d1030510874-train_16_em-jpg

2106d1030671814-train_03_em-jpg

2111d1030671919-train_08_em-jpg

2135d1030672487-equipment_04_em-jpg

2182d1031101460-tree_01_em-jpg

Many many more

John

Hahahahahahahaha!.......Go Johnny Go!

Latest posts

Back