As luck would have it...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTM

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
IMG_2127.JPG IMG_2128.JPG IMG_2130.JPG I've had some thoughts plaguing me lately. First, I need to trim these limbs on the walnut because they're a pain to mow around. Second, I really need to get someone out here and take down these limbs on the oak because I'm worried that the big one off the main trunk is going to fail and take out my pump house and the walnut. Third, I haven't been able to run my saws lately and I'm beginning to have withdrawals. So when I make it out to the farm today low and behold the big thing came down, missed the pump house, limbed my walnut tree, missed the power lines too, and gave me a whole lot of wood to run my saws on! Uh... wait, I just shipped my 562 to Tlandrum to be ported. No worries, me and the 660 will have a good ole time.

IMG_2145.JPG IMG_2147.JPG Ran the saws today. Started with the ms271 picking my way from the end towards the base on each limb planning the whole time that it was going to roll. The trigger that sent it over was only a 16" by 16" chunk. Cleaned up the smaller stuff on the opposite side and broke out the 660. New square ground chain. It was smooth but slow and wandered a bit. Probably need to hit the rakers. Just some perspective, the top of that limb in the left of the first photo right in the second is above my head.

Back