Ash Buckets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a 5 or 6 gallon pail is about the right size. Fairly easy to carry. Something bigger might get more awkward & easier to have an upset with. My boiler has an ashpan but I rarely use it - except to catch stray ash I might spill when I'm scooping ashes out into a bucket. Any ashpans I have dealt with are very awkward to carry, compared to a pail.

Does anybody use one of these, or just me?
th
I usually empty the stove out once ever 20-30 days when it gets nice out. Then I take several bucket loads out and dump it on the snow, usually takes 3-5 trips.

That's exactly what I use. I then dump the ash on the driveway and walkways out to the chicken coop and the woodpile. A little messy coming into the house, but we're red-neck hillbillies anyway.

Me, too. Last year, early Deecember, I got an email from them offering a free month. I grabbed it and saved something like $300 in Christmas shopping. They got me on the hook, though, but for the $99 yearly, I get hundreds of dollars of free 2-day shipping. It's a great deal for me as I live in a rural area and have to order stuff through mail anyway.

They don't have 2 day shipping here. Usually takes 1.5-2 weeks. I bought a HEPA air cleaner on 03 Jan, I got it today.

That's exactly what I use. I then dump the ash on the driveway and walkways out to the chicken coop and the woodpile. A little messy coming into the house, but we're red-neck hillbillies anyway.

This sounds oddly familiar.

Our ash bucket is a 55 gallon steel drum with a tight fitting lid. Our wood stove has an ash pan and we take the pan outside and dump it into the barrel. We store up our wood ash and spread it in the yard and garden areas. Extra gets spread in the woods. We don't burn anything except wood in our stove so our ashes are clean of toxins.

Latest posts

Back