• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Avant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodcraft

Reaction score
It came time to upgrade my Gehl AL20.
I just convinced a local dealer to take on the Avant line.
The Gehl was a re-badged Avant.
I'm thinking Avant 420 or 528.
I'm going to Rep for the dealer since I've used the machines for 10 years.
Anyone looking to replace old equipment with an Avant can contact me.

I'm supposed to finalize a 528 today from a dealer in Wisconsin. Been trying it out for the last month. I love it. I guess the guy from Grand Rapids retired and I wasn't aware we had anyone else in the state. I can see possibly adding a 420 next year.

Yeah. Gregware went out of business,
Alta equipment is the new Mich dealer. They have west side dealers for you. Let me know if I can assist.
Ordering my 528 this week.

Today I spoke with a dealer here in ohio about an hour west of here. He'll be bringing one to a job site for us to demo when the weather breaks. I'm leaning towards a 420 with grapple. Do these come with telescoping boom or is that extra?

The telescoping boom is my favorite feature. Only thing ours is missing is power rotating grapple.

The telescoping boom is my favorite feature. Only thing ours is missing is power rotating grapple.

I was watching a bmg mini grapple video where they were making it seem like there's actually benefits to having the free floating as a posed to a power rotating grapple. I'm trying to decide between the two..

I was watching a bmg mini grapple video where they were making it seem like there's actually benefits to having the free floating as a posed to a power rotating grapple. I'm trying to decide between the two..
The hydraulic hoses going to the grapple cause the grapple to turn and stay turned. So you end up getting out and adjusting the hoses so it is squared up. If you want to grab something at an angle another guy will have to hold it while you grab it. It's just better to have powered rotation. On top of that when you pick it up the load won't rotate on its own. But that can be helpful while dragging. Bottom line I've wanted it to be powered more often than I've enjoyed that it's free swinging.

Cool thanks for the insight Jack. I'm not sure if bmg makes the power rotating grapple but evant does. I may have to go that direction although the bmg has some cool features.

Latest posts

Back