Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see how many runners I can get out of the bunch!
2abaae8e9b39b5ad55e8034babc1a407.jpg

The only 200t walbro carb that I'm aware of didn't have a high speed adjustment...and I don't think you can get them from the factory any more. Best going with the s32 or s126.

The first 200t i had had an adjustable h walbro , i gotta feeling the 020t had a fixed high speed walbro but not %100 bit before my time , it might just be me or maybe as the saws got older but i thought the zamas got worse and worse with every time a new one came out

If i had found arborsite years ago it would have saved me so much money knowing how to fix the accelerator pump , i think it was lone wolf that showed me

Your right big t rouble i did try to order the walbro a year or so ago and got a zama with some different linkages from memory

Im one of few who actually prefered the 201 i had that much trouble with 200's over the years i hated them , i think my 201 is 3 years old and never had any card problems im guessing they dont have an accelerator pump !!

I had no clue about a adjustable walbro for the 200t's!! Very interesting...I'd like to locate one of those. Learn something everyday.

Unfortunately, I believe the 201 carbs also have accelerator pumps. The early versions didn't have a brass plug over the hole, but the later versions did.

Junky saws with cable actuated throttles, you mean like the Husqvarna 362XP, 365, 371XP, 372XP, 372XPW, 385XP, 390XP, 394XP, 395XP, 3120XP, 545, 550XP, 555, and 562XP plus all of the Jonsered counterparts?

Joe

Junky saws with cable actuated throttles, you mean like the Husqvarna 362XP, 365, 371XP, 372XP, 372XPW, 385XP, 390XP, 394XP, 395XP, 3120XP, 545, 550XP, 555, and 562XP plus all of the Jonsered counterparts?

Joe
Yes, they'd be easier to work on if they junked that cable and ran a rod to the carb. I have a 362XP but I still don't like the cable idea.

What's on my bench? Well, I believe I have officially changed my little hobby business (chain sharpening and bar maintenance) into a saw repair. Just finished up an 032AV for a customer. It had very weak spark, was hard to start, and would cut out at high revs. Converted it from points/condenser to electronic ignition, adjusted the carb, and now it runs like a scalded dog!:D:D

Still trying to figure out how to get a Stihl 041 to run. Good spark, timed pretty close (checked with timing light), rebuilt carb, new fuel and pulse lines, 150 compression. It hits but won't keep running. It does have a somewhat scarred piston and that concerns me but the compression seems adequate so I'm scratching my head on this one. P/C kits are a little high for this one or I would have gone ahead and changed it.

Case seals, going through the same thing on an 026 right now and it has bad case seals.

Joe

Latest posts

Back