Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran it cutting wood for 15-20 mins, pulled the muffler off and plug and checked, all looked ok. Was pushing close to 200psi compression though.

If the squish isn't enough it will tap the combustion chamber as everything heats up and expands.Most Huskys i've checked were ok.stihl is a different story.

Let's see, I have an old Stihl 041 av that a friend wants me to restore for him. I have a used and abused Stihl 038 super that needs a muffler, top cover and a top handle (fell of a wood wagon coming across the field) and a tune up. Oh and soon I'm going to have about 6 or more Stihl 066's. 2 complete power heads that need new jugs and slugs as well as about 4 or maybe more that are all torn down in boxes. Hoping to make a play toy for myself. I don't have the 066's yet. I'm going to go pick them up next weekend. I'm excited. I'll try and post some pics

Weimedog, that's no good at all, Good luck with that, its colder here No snow like 30 in the day and colder at night. Look like its going to get really cold here after today 10-15 for the day highs and damn cold at night. Ive done a few water service calls in the winter, no sir You can keep that ****. Trying to peen over cooper with your hands so cold you cant grip the hammer, wondering if the equipment operator is going to hit when your in the hole, good times not really.

I'm not bragging, I'm excited. Nobody that I hang out with seems to get why I'm excited. The guys here on AS are probably the only people that understand what it is to have a bad case of CAD.
I plan to build a couple of real "fun" saws for myself and for a friend. From the rest of the parts I'm hoping to be able to build a couple more "stock" saws to sell and recover the costs of building my saw. Fun times, now if only I had heat in my shop....

I'm not bragging, I'm excited. Nobody that I hang out with seems to get why I'm excited. The guys here on AS are probably the only people that understand what it is to have a bad case of CAD.
I plan to build a couple of real "fun" saws for myself and for a friend. From the rest of the parts I'm hoping to be able to build a couple more "stock" saws to sell and recover the costs of building my saw. Fun times, now if only I had heat in my shop....
I'm to the point I don't even bring up the word saw anymore.

This pile of mess of 056magnum. New rings. There's some wear to the piston but has some machine marks visible on the exhaust side...intake is a little smoother. About .002-.0025 clearance from the skirt to the cylinder wall. I really have to force the .0025. Should still make a decent runner.
image.jpg

My wife completely understands. She likes having lights on in the house.......so she never says anything about the saws.

I heat my house with wood as do my folks and my inlaws. My wife likes the idea of not having to buy furnace oil and knows the importance of having equipment that is in good working order. Cheaper to maintain then replace. What she doesn't understand is why I have to have so many saws. She doesn't say to much anymore though since I've proven to her that I can make a few extra bucks working on saws for friends and family

Hey Randy you clean up really well!
85acee548e2653958232ac19f7ca20b0.jpg

If you put the master control switch up in the "off" position, you will notice on the side there is a place to put a screw driver so you can pry the master control lever out of the housing. Then you can pop the black wire/connector off the post. Here's my attempt at a picture....lemme know if this helps...I can try and take more.
View attachment 391790

Ted, thank you. I took off my skeered to break it pants and pryed abit more.IMG-20150104-00711.jpg

Back