Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the finishing touches on my Poulan 25DA a couple of days ago, cleaned up a Stihl 390, gonna put a p/c in it tomorrow then I'll start on my Stihl 361 which also needs a p/c. Getting a few too many saws for my space so something will get sold this Fall. Tried selling a few lately but it must be the wrong time of year or....

80c048e368071a452f69ca4334a5ae86.jpg
f7a5944782c4b9476978b6db10792178.jpg
just out of the oven.

I have my Lane recliner on the bench/fix it station. Can't sit at the confuzzer without my chair.

It blew out 2 of the riveted pivot studs. They are a shoulder bolt kind of thing. You can't get them and i am not buying the complete mechanizum!!!
So, i am cleaning off the lathe so i can make a fix for this terrible issue.

I got an almost new Murray rear engine riding mower for some work i did. It needs a drive belt. The underside of the mower deck still has paint on it. Not bad for 2hrs of wrench turning. Now i have 2 riders for a 1/2 acre of lawn.

Having one of those days, rebuilt 2 carbs to try on my MS390 and they both did the same thing so I'm guessing I have an air leak. Tried putting a p/c on the 361 which isn't an easy job either, liked to never got the piston inside the cylinder, wrist pin clips were difficult to get seated, not a big fan of working on either of these but eventually I hope to get them both going.

Just started the 361 a few minutes ago, it had a few more problems, found a hole in the fuel line so ordered a new one. I may have to check the 390 for fuel line also, should have done that when it was apart but I got in a hurry..
Edit: Checked the fuel line on the 390 and it was fine. Changed it and filter anyway since I had them handly. It started and still wouldn't idle down so it looks like a tear down is in it's future if I don't use it for a door stop.

IMG_7355_001_zpscqvturgp.jpg
Got some nonsense sorted out today in the shop, still need to get the upper level shelves for bins put up and a bench built for the corner but I did manage to get an 064 finished now that I have a handle on the whole limited vs unlimited ignition wormhole. It runs great I put a GB bar on it and I don't imagine it will be here long. Started pulling parts for a pair of MS460s that are next on the build box. Somehow the MS441 engine swap keeps getting put on the back burner :)
DDave
IMG_7365_001_zpswhdqge2r.jpg

IMG_7358_zpsdmptpbh5.jpg

IMG_7366_001_zpsc0fj5b38.jpg
Wow what a great looking shed :rock2:

Another not so lucky day working on a Stihl MS390, had the wierdest thing happen, I fueled it up to start it and it ran decent at first then it started running fast and I couldnt slow it down so I decided air leak and started tearing it down. When I got the engine out I noticed the pulse line nipple missing. It wasn't on the engine and wasn't on the pulse hose either! I looked around and never did find it. I had a few other engines around so I tried taking one off another engine and couldn't get them out so I ordered one. I know it was there when I plugged the line onto it. Very strange.

Another not so lucky day working on a Stihl MS390, had the wierdest thing happen, I fueled it up to start it and it ran decent at first then it started running fast and I couldnt slow it down so I decided air leak and started tearing it down. When I got the engine out I noticed the pulse line nipple missing. It wasn't on the engine and wasn't on the pulse hose either! I looked around and never did find it. I had a few other engines around so I tried taking one off another engine and couldn't get them out so I ordered one. I know it was there when I plugged the line onto it. Very strange.
It's haunted

Back