Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also a Sachs-Dolmar over here.
A Sachs-Dolmar 112 (Silver star?).
Got the saw for free because it wont run.
It is from 1986. Saw looks good and rebuild the carb and runs fine now.

cwUdzqC.jpg

4hJ2upB.jpg

Don't look at the mess in the background, and missing tools [emoji14].
Pic was made when i was rebuilding the whole shop. Looks better now imo [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Trying to figure out where to start on an 041 Stihl that won't start. It has 150 compression, a healthy spark and won't even hit when I put a bit of fuel mix down the carburetor. I thought it made a little noise a couple of days ago when I did this but nothing today. I checked the plug and it was wet. I checked the spark again and it was good. The fuel mix is good, non ethanol stuff.

Check the seals, especially on the clutch side. Had an 041 that had the same problem and it was leaking around the worm gear seal AND also between the seal and the crankcase. It ran good when I replaced the seals and got a new worm gear with the seal already mounted to it.

Trying to figure out where to start on an 041 Stihl that won't start. It has 150 compression, a healthy spark and won't even hit when I put a bit of fuel mix down the carburetor. I thought it made a little noise a couple of days ago when I did this but nothing today. I checked the plug and it was wet. I checked the spark again and it was good. The fuel mix is good, non ethanol stuff.

Mayhaps the spark is good under ambient conditions, but is lost under compression?

I let it sit overnight, went out this morning and changed the sparkplug, put a small amount of mix in the sparkplug hole and she fired up and ran for a short while. I wasn't expecting it to run for long because the carb and the gas tank were empty. I just was wondering if the conditions were there for it to run, like maybe it was out of time or something. I just received this as a parts saw and was surprised that there weren't very many parts missing so I think I can make a runner out of it!

Got this ol beast put back together and test ran tonight.
image.jpg

Here's the on deck circle. I'll dig into the 044 first then the 036's. The other two will sit and rot for a while...and yes..the reeboks are for sale, make an offer. But my next project is a non running b-80 wheel horse sitting in my garage. My first foray into the land of four strokes. Unfortunately it's too big for my bench so I can't include it here :(
image.jpg

I'm waiting on a husqvarna T435. Can buy it for a good price, saw is never used. Also thinking to sell my Stihl MS240 because i have 2 of them.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

The 041 is just about ready to take off the bench. I put some fuel and bar oil in it this morning and after a few stumbles it ran great. Adjusted the carb and now it idles and runs at high speed too. I can't wait to get a bar and chain on it and cut some wood! I have to wait for now, I've ordered a air filter and filter cover for it.

Back